Questions about laptop GTX 1070 and overclocking.

Go to solution Solved by bleedblue,

Yep, perfectly fine.

I recently purchased a second hand Asus ROG gl702vs with a gtx1070. The laptop is great, but the temperatures were a bit too high for me, so I undervolted both the CPU and GPU (I have tested both extensively and they are both stable). Now I did undervolt the 1070, but that meant changing the curve on the card. The whole laptop is running much better, but I'm scared that the frequency curve is basically an Overclock? Before the GPU was running at 1400mhz in most places, ramping up to 1600-1700 and then going back down. After the curve edit in a lot of games, it basically stays at the max I've set (1809mhz at 850v). I'm guessing that's because the temperatures have dropped significantly, but is it dangerous for the GPU to be running so high? According to Notebookcheck the card MHz should be 1443 - 1645 (Boost) MHz, should I lower it?

ps. Also, I'm pretty sure when I made the curve, it was 1797 MHz but now it's 1809MHz, is that normal for it to change like that?

Capture.PNG

Yep, perfectly fine.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.