Issue with Ducky One 2 Mini (MacOS)

jslowik

I bought ducky one2 mini (black) couple of weeks ago. It worked with my macbook for 5-6 hours and then it was suddenly hung with white light. since then the keyboard isn't responding at all. I mailed ducky support and they replied that they are going to release new firmware by end of this week (16th-18th dec 2019). 

I disabled auto-update in my mac (including advance options). Don't own windows machine so can't really install the firmware.

Did anyone find an alternate option to bring back the keyboard from hung state? 

• 1 month later...

I found this solution from rek.hccc, here's the link: https://twitter.com/HcccRek/status/1215671807723753472. I'm not really sure what it does, but he explains it. It's been working so far and my One 2 Mini hasn't been disconnecting at all for the past day.

For those who don't want to open the link: 

I faced this issue before and solved by following steps.

1. press Fn + Alt + P for 3 s

2. number key and A~F will light up

3. type "05AC024F" (Change the VID and PID which apple authorised)

4. then restart the keyboard by unplug and plug enjoy ~

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

Ducky One 2 SF RGB models (still) can get frozen on macOS, especially while software (OS) update checking is performed. And disabling the automatic checking in the background does not completely solve the problem either.

Eventually, based on some tweets, I found an workaround (as I am a happy owner of two of this model, and using both on macOS):

1. Put DIP switch to ON.
  2. Press Fn + Alt + P for 3 seconds.
    Number keys and A to F letters are light up in red.
  3. Type "05AC024F"
    This changes the Product ID and Vendor ID values of the device.

You can verify the change by using "About This Mac", click on "System Report ..." and go to Hardware > USB > USB 3.0 Bus > Ducky One2 SF RGB.

I am hoping that this will help others to get rid off this ugly issue, as currently the vendor did not yet provided a firmware update.

2020-03-14-13-53-47.png

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still looking for a solution

Someone is suggesting an improvement to step 3

• 3 months later...

You do not need to do any of these workarounds anymore. The latest drivers already enable support for MacOS. However, to upgrade to the new firmware, you will need to use a windows device. 

• 7 months later...

Yep, to anyone needing the fix, Ducky fixed this in the latest firmware build. You have to check carefully and I'd recommend confirming with their discord first, but here is now I fixed my Mecha Mini DKME1961ST:

1. Confirmed with the discord which firmware patch I required
    1. This is as the P/N DKME1961ST isn't listed on the Ducky Mecha Mini web page, only DKON1861ST and DKON2061ST are listed on there and have different patch versions
    2. A staff member on discord responded within 5 minutes confirming the following steps for my situation, you should do the same for yours
  2. A staff member confirmed that for my P/N, I needed the latest patch for DKON1861ST, which at the time was v1.22 and contained the macOS fix for the update soft brick
  3. Fired up my gaming rig, downloaded the v1.22 patch for DKON1861ST, and ran the patch utility, making sure to plug it directly into a rear I/O mobo USB port just to reduce any potential risks of bricking the board
  4. All done in around a minute, no issues, following the steps on their website
  5. Plugged it back into macOS Big Sur (11.2.3) and ran an update - ITS FIXED! Keyboard works as normal during and after an update
  6. Setup all my macros again, as the FW update wipes the KB

Done! One happy Ducky boi.