Cant Get Ram to hold speed

OK so I have a problem that I am sure is stupid. I have a x470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFi Gigabyte board, a 2700x and corsair vengance 3200 mhz RAM. I go into the BIOS and use the XMP function, using profile 1 it sets it to 3200 mhz and a voltage of 1.35. But then when I boot the computer and open task manager and click the preformance tab it shows its running at 2166 which is default. I reboot and go back into the BIOS and it definitely is still set to where I had it, so something is happening on boot which seems to be clocking it back. I noticed because I did some overclocking on my CPU and even though I have it running stable at 4.2 I am getting lower scores in CINIBENCH then when I had it at 4.0, thats when I checked into the RAM. Any ideas what I am missing? Im sure its something stupid

1 minute ago, Ravendarat said:

OK so I have a problem that I am sure is stupid. I have a x470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFi Gigabyte board, a 2700x and corsair vengance 3200 mhz RAM. I go into the BIOS and use the XMP function, using profile 1 it sets it to 3200 mhz and a voltage of 1.35. But then when I boot the computer and open task manager and click the preformance tab it shows its running at 2166 which is default. I reboot and go back into the BIOS and it definitely is still set to where I had it, so something is happening on boot which seems to be clocking it back. I noticed because I did some overclocking on my CPU and even though I have it running stable at 4.2 I am getting lower scores in CINIBENCH then when I had it at 4.0, thats when I checked into the RAM. Any ideas what I am missing? Im sure its something stupid

Try doing it manually without XMP

3 minutes ago, GateToTheFuture said:

Try doing it manually without XMP

Thats what I wanted to do but for some reason if I do that It wont let me change the voltage, I assume if I cant change that It wont be stable at 3200, or am I incorrect?

What does it say the memory clock speed is in CPU-z?  It should read 1600 if you are running 3200 (DDR=double data rate).  I don't trust Task Manager out of principle. 

Edit:  As I suspected, Task Manager is a flithy no good liar.  It says I am also running my memory at 2166 and I know it is running 3600MHz.  

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Did you install the RAM into the slots the manual instructs to use?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

What does it say the clock speed is in CPU-z?  I don't trust Task Manager out of principle. 

Screenshot (1).png

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

Did you install the RAM into the slots the manual instructs to use?  

Ya I rechecked the manual just to be sure but ya the RAM is in it proper home

2 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Screenshot (1).png

Welp, there goes my theory.  I don't dable in the dark arts of Ryzen memory configuration.  Hopefully someone will come through for you.  Sorry, and good luck.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

Are you 2x16GB or 4x8GB?

Edit:

Actually, I'm assuming 2x16GB since you double checked installation.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Yep 2x16. I am sure at one point in time I had this running correctly as I had cinibench scores at 1854 with lower cpu speeds. I just tried setting my BIOS back to factory defaults and then tried JUST playing with xmp or manual settings and no dice still

Ok so quick update, after messing around I backed the ram down to 3000 mhz and set the voltage to 1.36 and its booting stable and behaving correctly and CPUZ is showing that the ram speed is correct. Not sure why it wont hold at 3200, chances are I could play with the voltage more and maybe get it to be stable but im not sure what I could put into the RAM and be safe? Anyone have insight on that? Im gonna roll with it at 3000 for now because in reality thats fine, I would like to figure out what I would need to do to get it to run stable at 3200 though if anyone has any idea

You can write Down a few Timings 

tRFC should be Set higher every 266mhz about 50

tWR Try to bring 2 up 

tREFI always max just set in 999999999 it will bring the max in.

max=better

that can do the Trick.

CPU

Intel  i9 13900k

Motherboard

Asrock Z790 Taichi

RAM

Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 RGB 32GB 6000MHZ

GPU

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24G 

Storage

Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB