A10-7850k VS i5 4670k ?

I want to do a project build, were the point is the making of and OC of the PC. So all the PC has to do is boot, that is it, there is NO use case for this PC. Should I go with a i5 or the A10-7850k, keep in mind I want something that will be fun to OC on a MOBO that is around 100-150. (mini ITX) The case will be a corsair 250D with the side mesh replaced with 2 windows, there will be NO GPU added. The plain is to do water cooling in it, I am thinking about a 200mm rad up at the front. so do you think I should use the A10-7850k, can OC CPU and GPU, or a 4670k, or any other recommended intel CPU. I feel the A10-7850k would be nice to test, OC, and see its game performance, and would be a bit cheaper. 

Possible uses: (after thought)

Steam machine.

HTPC

Server

Sell it

give it away to a friend,(would game on)

This is not going to me my main PC!

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Your title is messed up... It isn't the A10-4770k. Are you going to use a GPU with the 4670k?

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

A10-7850k

The integrated graphics in the i5 4670K and i7 4770K don't even come close compared to the A10. If the system, which you are build is like a fun project, than the A10 will do very good at that and it will be cheaper as you already pointed out. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

If you're going to OC try getting a cheap Sandy Bridge ;)

Exactly what I was going to say, just pick up an i5 2500k and overclock the balls out of it. although with sandy bridge you do need to make sure you get a good overclocking motherboard.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

A10-7850K

In the future, you can experiment with HSA. Some apps already make use of it I read (eg. VLC Player, LibreOffice Calc)

I would get the A10-7850K since its graphical performance is way better than the 4670K :

bioshock.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-7850k-a8-7600-kaveri,3725-6.html

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Your title is messed up... It isn't the A10-4770k. Are you going to use a GPU with the 4670k?

Ya i ment A10-7850k, I have the right name in the post.

If you're going to OC try getting a cheap Sandy Bridge ;)

Didnt think of that, thanks.

cant you fit a gtx 670 mini?

yes, but I am not planing on using the PC so speneding money on a GPU would be stupid, unless I sell it. And I want to have windows into the case so I can see the water loop. This pc is for looks first, every thing else is second.

I would get the A10-7850K since its graphical performance is way better than the 4670K :

bioshock.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-7850k-a8-7600-kaveri,3725-6.html

Does anyone have OC GPU benchmarks? and ram comparisons yet?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Since you are not going to add any GPU, I would recommend the APU from AMD.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Pentium 4

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Ya i ment A10-7850k, I have the right name in the post.

Didnt think of that, thanks.

yes, but I am not planing on using the PC so speneding money on a GPU would be stupid, unless I sell it. And I want to have windows into the case so I can see the water loop. This pc is for looks first, every thing else is second.

Does anyone have OC GPU benchmarks? and ram comparisons yet?

This person overclocked it to 4.5Ghz and tested the gpu performance in games compared at stock:http://wccftech.com/amd-kaveri-a10-7850k-overclocked-45-ghz-benchmarked-a105800k/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

A10-7850K without a doubt as its cheaper and since you are using the PC as a project anyway.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.