Copyright claim from Linus Tech Tips?

I was sitting here looking through my YouTube channel and all of a sudden a notification pops up saying hey you have been copyright claimed. 

I’m sitting here thinking okay my friend must have posted a new video of overwatch gameplay or apex gameplay or something of the sort with copyrighted music.

So naturally I go to take a look. 

Low and behold it is one of my first few videos I posted to my channel, that was overclocking my R9 380. Not that great of a video but was my first that got a decent amount of views. Sadly my channel is dead for the most part (I don’t post much and my friend does videos here and there that are compilations of people from our group playing well). So when I saw this claim on a hardware overclock I had to know what it was.

So I click in to see the part that’s being claimed. It is a 33 second clip of heaven benchmark that I was using for showing the overclock performance a little. It was saying that Fullscreen inc. claimed it for a channel. The channel it says it is claiming it for is Linus Tech Tips. (See image)

Now I’m not mad at LTT as I love the Linus Media Group. I’m subscribed to just about all the Linus channels (including his cat channel for some reason).

I do believe though that this is a false claim coming from somewhere outside them for when I look up Fullscreen inc. it says Fullscreen, Inc. is an American entertainment company and global network which offers creative tools, services, and consultation to YouTube content creators and brands.”

I am not going to fight this for a channel that is pretty dead and that is probably not going to pick up because getting my life together is a little more important to me at the moment. 

I do believe that this problem is now going to be spreading to smaller and smaller channels trying to take off and causing major issues for those who want to get started on YouTube. 

If these copyright claim issues keep happening if the right platform pops up YouTube may end up dead in the water. 

Sorry about the long post:)

CC34A5D9-3018-4F18-8950-603475772134.png

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, INS_Everett said:

So I click in to see the part that’s being claimed. It is a 33 second clip of heaven benchmark that I was using for showing the overclock performance a little. It was saying that Fullscreen inc. claimed it for a channel. The channel it says it is claiming it for is Linus Tech Tips. (See image)

Now I’m not mad at LTT as I love the Linus Media Group. I’m subscribed to just about all the Linus channels (including his cat channel for some reason).

I do believe though that this is a false claim coming from somewhere outside them for when I look up Fullscreen inc. it says Fullscreen, Inc. is an American entertainment company and global network which offers creative tools, services, and consultation to YouTube content creators and brands.”

This happened to some other Youtuber as well and Linus and Luke explained what was happening in the latest WAN-show: basically, Youtube has apparently been fiddling with their ContentID-system, making it more aggressive and it's now throwing these things around much more haphazardly.

@LinusTech should remove the claim IMHO, even if you don't really care about your video anymore. It's just in bad taste to leave such hanging.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Contest it. Takes 30 seconds. Claim fair use. 

Algorithm learns. Everyone's happy. 

Watch the video that Linus put up yesterday.  It explains what happened and what you should do.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

31 minutes ago, rmac52 said:

Watch the video that Linus put up yesterday.  It explains what happened and what you should do.

I watched it like, 10 minutes after it came out

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧