Username taken

Welp... There is a lot of commotion about apex legends, so i want to try it myself. I start making an EA acc (havent playd any of their games before) and i see this little anoying message "the public ID you have choosen has been taken". The problem here to me is that i use CaptainSpeedster in every single game, it is not a common username, i thought i was only one with it.... But its taken, i cant add x or something to it cause it is on character limit... EA doesnt have a messaging system (to my knowlege) so i cant explain the situation to the person and ask him nicely to change his name... So any1 got any idea what can i do to get my username?

You can use 1337 speak and just replace a letter in your name with that, or use a shorter version of the name (CaptSpeedster for example).

Otherwise you best bet is to find this person on another platform and ask if he would change his name on Origin. But it's really up to that person to see if they want to do that).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

30 minutes ago, CaptainSpeedster said:

Welp... There is a lot of commotion about apex legends, so i want to try it myself. I start making an EA acc (havent playd any of their games before) and i see this little anoying message "the public ID you have choosen has been taken". The problem here to me is that i use CaptainSpeedster in every single game, it is not a common username, i thought i was only one with it.... But its taken, i cant add x or something to it cause it is on character limit... EA doesnt have a messaging system (to my knowlege) so i cant explain the situation to the person and ask him nicely to change his name... So any1 got any idea what can i do to get my username?

Wow, just wow... can't believe you think someone else should change their name, because YOU want it.

It's just how it goes, someone gets there first it's their choice of names... maybe someone else has been using that name for years, maybe they always had to put an X onto the end of their name on a few games as you got there first... now imagine if you were contacted by them and asked to change your name?

Real world, just choose something else, or as suggested above make it leetspeak, so it at least has the same characters, like c4pt41n sp33d5t3r for example.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 12:50 PM, paddy-stone said:

Wow, just wow... can't believe you think someone else should change their name, because YOU want it.

It's just how it goes, someone gets there first it's their choice of names... maybe someone else has been using that name for years, maybe they always had to put an X onto the end of their name on a few games as you got there first... now imagine if you were contacted by them and asked to change your name?

Real world, just choose something else, or as suggested above make it leetspeak, so it at least has the same characters, like c4pt41n sp33d5t3r for example.

I am sorry if it sounded that, i use this name for everything i do so that it is easier for my friends to find me, or even people from past games. I mean, CaptainSpeedster isnt a  popular username or even a search term. i wouldnt force that person to change his username, some of my friends have diffrent names for diffrent games, so that might be case for that guy to, maybe it was just random name that he came up with. I mean if he really wanted to use that name i would think of something else and change mine , but if it doesnt matter to him much why not change it (cause again some of people i play with change their names a lot...) . I am sorry if it came out as rude. 

Edit: it doesnt even have enugh data on google trends on it to show anything