Obama announces changes to the NSA

Cosmos_i7

Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25785573

As I am from the UK this doesn't affect me, but GCHQ does. So maybe this may give them an idea to sort themselves out here as well.

Although reading the article I'm not convinced. 

Under the new plans, details of phone calls would be held by a third party, and the NSA would have to seek legal permission before it could access that information.

Right... I think we all know how we feel about having our data given to a third party. Basically what this is saying is, "Hey guess what, we can still take your calls, but someone else has them now!"

In my honest opinion this has done nothing at all. He has not stated that it will end, also he stated that leaders around the world will not get spied on. Why do I care? We are normal citizens not world leaders, how about no spying on citizens.

Regardless there isn't much you guys in the US can do nor us guys in the UK. 

Do have a read of the article though, its makes some points I haven't mentioned. 

I call bs tho. 

Lol don't we all? I didn't trust one bit of it, but it's news and I wanted to know everyone's thoughts. 

Nsa: the art of deception

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

As far as i can tell there will be no changes...and that is really sad. I mean there are more protests regarding this NSA crap here in germany than in the US...

Two days ago the US even killed the promised "no spy" treaty with germany, they really don't care what other countries think.

Living in the USA, and also as a technologically advanced citizen, I think this is not enough for this. Sure they've stopped AN UNKNOWN amount of terrorist plots, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they are spying on their own citizens without a) their knowledge and b ) their consent. I have no intent to ever kill someone or create terror, so why do I need to have almost my entire digital life monitored?

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

That's still better then the NSA saving everything themselves and getting access with out any permission or control.
Now at least they now it's a bit more controlled then before.
Still not what we want but more then nothing.

RTX2070OC 

Living in the USA, and also as a technologically advanced citizen, I think this is not enough for this. Sure they've stopped AN UNKNOWN amount of terrorist plots, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they are spying on their own citizens without a) their knowledge and b ) their consent. I have no intent to ever kill someone or create terror, so why do I need to have almost my entire digital life monitored?

I think more people should have your attitude on it. Rather than the "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" should be "nothing to hide, nothing to spy on". I like that, may use it when I'm explaining this to people. 

It is much easier to collect everything and perform data mining on it than it is to selectively collect information.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

It is much easier to collect everything and perform data mining on it than it is to selectively collect information.

So....the Russians warned the US about the Boston Bombings, and the US just ignored them...yeah collecting everything really works better!

Why are you afraid of terrorism but not driving, swimming or sex? Look at the numbers how high the probability is to die from these things. Compared the terrorism driving should be fucking scary.

None of these are changes. It's just a new facade to hide the filth and "restore" faith. I've lost faith. We live in a police state. And it won't ever change because the "terrorists" are running us

Seriously fuck this country.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

So....the Russians warned the US about the Boston Bombings, and the US just ignored them...yeah collecting everything really works better!

No they didn't. The FBI did interview Tsarnaev, and they closed the case without finding anything suspicious. That isn't ignoring information.

It's also not what I meant. The U.S. has ignored foreign advice plenty of times, I was referring to entirely U.S. efforts to gather information.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

That's still better then the NSA saving everything themselves and getting access with out any permission or control.

Now at least they now it's a bit more controlled then before.

Still not what we want but more then nothing.

In what way? We dont know who the third party is. What they call a third party might just be the same NSA employees with a new job title in a newly formed department that is in the same building as the NSA.

Obama's speech was nothing more than a man doing what he does best, LYING.

It is ironic that Obama's slogan was "Change". There are going to be lots of changes once we finally get him and the rest of the morons out of office, democrats and republicans. They cant run this country. Hell, they cant even work together long enough to figure out how to spend the tax payer's money.

In what way? We dont know who the third party is. What they call a third party might just be the same NSA employees with a new job title in a newly formed department that is in the same building as the NSA.

Obama's speech was nothing more than a man doing what he does best, LYING.

If they have to get now legal permission then it's a step in the right direction.

We will never know if it's true or just a lie.

But I don't really care because I can't change it anyways.

RTX2070OC 

Changes to the NSA :

1506026_720386631307939_866845117_n.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Personally, as US citizen myself, i wouldnt really care if they listen to my phone calls and such. But the fact that they are doing the same to other countries, im concerned about making enemies.

Seriously if North Korea or any other countries tracks my phone calls, ill be pissed. Im not even their citizens which makes them a spy. And thats what NSA is doing. Soon or later they'll take actions about this.

With conservative groups being targeted I'm not sure how I feel about either the IRS or the NSA. Obama hasn't been trasnparent and has just politiced his way out of responciblity pushing the bill to someone else. NUT UP OR SHUT UP MR PRESIDENT!

Have you guys noticed NSA could also stand for Not Saving Anyone?

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

The thing is though, they are the government. They can do what they want, and there really isn't much we can do about it. All we can do is hope that something in the future changes this. 

Well then the world ought to push Americans who have the ability to vote to make the changes get morons like Obama away from Washington. Sitting back waiting for something to happen will never result in something done.

Well then the world ought to push Americans who have the ability to vote to make the changes get morons like Obama away from Washington. Sitting back waiting for something to happen will never result in something done.

However much you think that works it doesnt....

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I think what obama is trying to say is "If you like your privacy, you can keep it". Now where have i heard that before?...

post-28300-0-41654400-1390036499.jpg

Oh yeah....  "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan."

post-28300-0-34351300-1390036557.jpg

Sneaky, Obama is sneaky