Using a 200w Charger for a 230w Blade?

Vizzaral

Hi,

So back when I had a GTX 1060 Blade, I bought a 2nd charger so I could mount one under my desk, and keep a 2nd one in my bag. Now that I have ordered an RTX 2080 Blade, which uses a 230w charger, I was just wondering, if I was to use the 200w charger on it, will it kill the battery, kill the laptop altogether, or just charge slower?

Thanks, Vizz.

It will slow the computer down immensely when you have it on the charger, so you'd need a 230w charger.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

11 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

It will slow the computer down immensely when you have it on the charger, so you'd need a 230w charger.

It'd slow it down more then when it's off charge?

Yes because it will try to compensate for the lack of power.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor