AMD E2-2000 APU overclocking possible

Go to solution Solved by RAM555789,
2 hours ago, Betahuman said:

How do I overclock in BIOS? And please tell me more about undervoltage

YouTube how to overclock in BIOS, it's better then me trying to type it out. As for undervolting, the idea is to send as little voltage to run the CPU as possible, however overclocking usually requires more voltage which causes more heat. Some thing, (like AMD GPUs I think) can be undervolted and overclocked slightly. 

So here's the thing:

I've brought my old Samsung ATIV Book (AMD E2-2000 Dual Core 1.75GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics) back to life and I want so squeeze a little bit more power out of the processor.

Which tool can/should I use to overclock my CPU? I've tried to install BrazosTweaker V1.0.7 but it simply wouldn't install, even with dotnet installed.

You could, but I would guess that it's probably running pretty close to the wire when it comes to thermals, if not throttling already. If it is, overclocking it might actually make the performance worse.

This being said, you can overclock from the AMD Drivers, specifically the Catalyst Software Suite.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-e-series-processors/amd-dual-core-e1-series-apu-for-desktops/e2-2000-radeon-hd-7340

The Windows 8.1 version might work if you've updated to Windows 10, although I believe they might not after the Creator Update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I would personally use the BIOS to overclock, however I would download a program like HWmonitor and start doing some tasks you would do with it after the overclock and see if you have any head room on your thermals. More likely than not your already maxing your thermals which means you would want to undervolt to avoid thermal throttling from your normal clock speeds.

Those chips are terrible overclockers.

If you're lucky you might be able to get 2GHz out of it.
But I really wouldn't bother much.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

45 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Those chips are terrible overclockers.

If you're lucky you might be able to get 2GHz out of it.
But I really wouldn't bother much.

This is the speed I'm aiming for. 2GHz would be nice

2 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

I would personally use the BIOS to overclock, however I would download a program like HWmonitor and start doing some tasks you would do with it after the overclock and see if you have any head room on your thermals. More likely than not your already maxing your thermals which means you would want to undervolt to avoid thermal throttling from your normal clock speeds.

2 hours ago, Betahuman said:

YouTube how to overclock in BIOS, it's better then me trying to type it out. As for undervolting, the idea is to send as little voltage to run the CPU as possible, however overclocking usually requires more voltage which causes more heat. Some thing, (like AMD GPUs I think) can be undervolted and overclocked slightly.