Is anybody here trying to get the Quadro RTX 4000?

I placed an order for the Quadro RTX 4000 about 2 weeks ago through Safe Harbor Computers knowing that they didn't have any in stock yet, and the arrival date was unknown. I spoke with a rep at PNY yesterday who said they haven't received anything from NVIDIA yet either (PNY gets the cards from NVIDIA and acts as the distributor). So what was originally announced as a December release is now looking like late February/early March. Another site is saying they won't receive any cards until March 28th. Is NVIDIA known for delayed launches of GPU's?

I'm in a rough spot because I built an entirely new PC (my first build), but I cannot do anything on it until my GPU arrives.

Was there a transaction made in your bank account for the GPU?

What CPU do you have? If your CPU has an iGPU then you can at least do basic things like making sure everything else works, and install OS and other programs.

28 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Was there a transaction made in your bank account for the GPU?

What CPU do you have? If your CPU has an iGPU then you can at least do basic things like making sure everything else works, and install OS and other programs.

No transaction has processed yet. It should process as soon as it ships.

I have a 2700x so no iGPU :(

4 minutes ago, FrankGehry said:

No transaction has processed yet. It should process as soon as it ships.

Hopefully the transaction goes through. I had something similar happen during the mining craze, and they eventually just cancelled the order.

13 minutes ago, FrankGehry said:

I have a 2700x so no iGPU :(

Any chance you have a spare GPU or a friend who has one?

9 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Hopefully the transaction goes through. I had something similar happen during the mining craze, and they eventually just cancelled the order.

Any chance you have a spare GPU or a friend who has one?

The only thing that comes to mind is at my office, there's a spare W5100 sitting in the supply room that's no longer used.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing here. Ordered PNY Quadro RTX 4000 month ago, nothing received yet, except third "unexpected delay".

For the fun: Also have spare Radeon Pro W5100 laying around. 

5 minutes ago, xoma262 said:

Same thing here. Ordered PNY Quadro RTX 4000 month ago, nothing received yet, except third "unexpected delay".

For the fun: Also have spare Radeon Pro W5100 laying around. 

I'm glad to hear there is someone else in the same boat as me. It could ship today, or in 3 months...just don't know. At this rate, I hope the 3rd Gen Ryzen's aren't released before this GPU.