Another data breach. This time its 500px's turn. A 500px data breach that affected 14.8 million people arises

Fnige

500px, a photo sharing website has had a data breach

Photo-sharing website 500px says that the personal information of 14.8 million of its users was impacted by a security breach that occurred in July 2018. The site says that it is in the process of notifying all of its users and resetting their login credentials

-The verge

It seems that there was a flaw and then they realised that there was a breach

In an email sent out to users and an announcement posted to its website, 500px states that it was only on February 8th, 2019, that its team learned of an unauthorized intrusion to its system that occurred on or around July 5th, 2018

-PetaPixel

It seems like that there will be law enforcement teams on this issue, Something I, personally, haven't seen this happen with any other data breaches

On February 8, 2019, our engineering team became aware of a potential security issue affecting certain user profile data. We immediately launched a comprehensive review of our systems to understand the nature and scope of the issue. We engaged a third-party expert to assist us in our investigation and are coordinating with law enforcement authorities on this matter

-500px support

They say that they've already fix this flaw

500px says that it’s since secured the vulnerability, and only members of the site before July 5th, 2018 were affected. The company is in the process of sending out notifications to all of its affected users, urging them to reset their password. The company also notes that it’s alerted the police and has retained a private security firm to investigate the issue. It was coming to the end of a year-long process to upgrade its network infrastructure, which should help with security going forward

-the verge

Personally... Its normal, its normal for data breaches to happen... I have no words really other than

Sources from: 500px Support PetaPixel The Verge of failing to build a PC

✨FNIGE✨

Oh boy.

2018/19 the year of security breaches

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

This breach was already included in the multiple set of breaches in this Tech News post.

620 million accounts stolen from 16 hacked websites now for sale on dark web, seller boasts

Dubsmash, Armor Games, 500px, Whitepages, ShareThis, and more said to be up for grabs for $$$s in BTC

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

This is happening a lot and with increasing frequency. Who is actually behind it? Does anyone know anymore?

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

This breach was already included in the multiple set of breaches in this Tech News post.

oh... well... 500px responded...

✨FNIGE✨

10 minutes ago, sof006 said:

This is happening a lot and with increasing frequency. Who is actually behind it? Does anyone know anymore?

It's more they're just coming out now. Since the OPM Hack back a number of years, there's been large shift in hacking attack vectors. It's clearly fully professionalized now in a few parts of the world, and what we're seeing is simply the result of that professionalization. Stealing large amounts of information is clearly a healthy industry. The real question is who is paying so much for the information.

Also related, I highly recommend a Password Manager and making sure all of your passwords are unique.

Nothing is safe.  I bet 99.9% of the people here did not know the company you work for outsourced all your personal HR info overseas.  Social Security Number, Drivers License...you name it.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |