Win 7 Pro Service Pack 1 update failing

Nicnac

Hey guys,

So, I have Win 7 Pro installed on an old office machine I got for cheap. It's a HP Compaq 8200 Elite.

Everything works fin but every startup it tries to install service pack 1 and then fails. 

I've read somewhere that these prebuilt hp machines have a special bios that might cause this problem but haven't really found a good solution to the problem.

Anyone know what's up?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I can't say I've ever had a BIOS issue cause this, might be worth giving it an update to the latest BIOS and running SFC /scannow using the command prompt. Other than that, might just be stuck. Could try the media creation tool from microsoft if you want to upgrade to windows 10, it'll work off your win7 key

2 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I can't say I've ever had a BIOS issue cause this, might be worth giving it an update to the latest BIOS and running SFC /scannow using the command prompt. Other than that, might just be stuck. Could try the media creation tool from microsoft if you want to upgrade to windows 10, it'll work off your win7 key

imma run SFC now and see if it helps thanks for the idea!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Scannow says nothing wrong... @iamdarkyoshi I don't really want to upgrade to win 10. might try the bios update later and if all else fails, do you think reinstalling is an option?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido