Need help with CPU and Ram upgrade

Go to solution Solved by WebPlayz,
15 minutes ago, uradoopdoop said:

So over the summer of last year, I bought a prebuilt and now I am really regretting it wishing I built my own. Anyways I'm trying to find out what the best CPU and Ram I can get for it is. The mobo is an Odense-2k. I know the specs say for the CPU the best I could get is the i7-7700 but I was wondering if I could get the i7-7700K instead and everything works fine. Then for the ram, I was wondering if I could get one with faster clock speed and it works fine, so that way if I get a new mobo in the future I already have the faster ram and don't have to buy some again

Mother Board - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05355651

Sadly no, You would need a new motherboard for kind of overclocking. That motherboard's VRM can barely hold up the I7-7700 As it is. 

So over the summer of last year, I bought a prebuilt and now I am really regretting it wishing I built my own. Anyways I'm trying to find out what the best CPU and Ram I can get for it is. The mobo is an Odense-2k. I know the specs say for the CPU the best I could get is the i7-7700 but I was wondering if I could get the i7-7700K instead and everything works fine. Then for the ram, I was wondering if I could get one with faster clock speed and it works fine, so that way if I get a new mobo in the future I already have the faster ram and don't have to buy some again

15 minutes ago, uradoopdoop said:

Sadly no, You would need a new motherboard for kind of overclocking. That motherboard's VRM can barely hold up the I7-7700 As it is. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

17 minutes ago, uradoopdoop said:

H170 would e a locked down motherboard. Does the case handle a normal form factor motherboard, or is that custom as well?

Realistically, you're kind of stuck. What performance issues are you having with the computer? If you could flip the motherboard, it might be better to grab a Z370 mATX board and a i5-8400.