A friend needs help

The problem is regarding the GPU not fitting with the radiator in the front?

A 240mm rad also fits in the top of this case, which frees up some space for the GPU.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

The problem is regarding the GPU not fitting with the radiator in the front?

A 240mm rad also fits in the top of this case, which frees up some space for the GPU.

This is how it looks at the moment.

A5FF913A-DFA8-4F24-B8C2-59E58BC1F627.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Clone112099 said:

A5FF913A-DFA8-4F24-B8C2-59E58BC1F627.jpeg

So it will fit up here right.

Just now, Clone112099 said:

Hmm, doesn't look like there would be enough room for it. Case says, regarding a top rad:

120/240mm (max component height on motherboard 40 mm)

The cables on the right can be routed different, but the 8 pin EPS connector will not be pleasant to relocate....

This is why people should take the equally good option of air cooling.

The one build I can find on PCPartPicker with this cooler/case combo is one with the cooler installed in the front:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/yXNQzy

I don't think there is any other option other than returning either the GPU, CPU cooler or case. 

The GPU is 295mm, the case fits 315mm GPU (when you have front fans installed), the radiator is 27mm thick. There is simply not enough room for both the GPU and cooler inside.

The best think to replace would probably be either the GPU, or CPU cooler. My preference would go to CPU cooler, except there may be a restocking fee included; since the thermal paste is obviously used up already.

If you are looking for a different CPU cooler, some good air cooler include the Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua D15. The D15 and R1 Ultimate are the better of these three, but they are all not bad choices.

That is of course assuming the cooler doesn't fit in the top... This user and always try, or at least measure if it could fit.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Clone112099 said:

So it will fit up here right.

yep

that should make enough room

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

If you are looking for a different CPU cooler, some good air cooler include the Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua D15. The D15 and R1 Ultimate are the better of these three, but they are all not bad choices.

or a arctic freezer 34 esports duo for like 40 bucks that goes on par with those

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

or a arctic freezer 34 esports duo for like 40 bucks that goes on par with those

So apparently the ram is the issue at the top any ideas.

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

Hmm, doesn't look like there would be enough room for it. Case says, regarding a top rad:

The cables on the right can be routed different, but the 8 pin EPS connector will not be pleasant to relocate....

This is why people should take the equally good option of air cooling.

The one build I can find on PCPartPicker with this cooler/case combo is one with the cooler installed in the front:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/yXNQzy

I don't think there is any other option other than returning either the GPU, CPU cooler or case. 

The GPU is 295mm, the case fits 315mm GPU (when you have front fans installed), the radiator is 27mm thick. There is simply not enough room for both the GPU and cooler inside.

The best think to replace would probably be either the GPU, or CPU cooler. My preference would go to CPU cooler, except there may be a restocking fee included; since the thermal paste is obviously used up already.

That is of course assuming the cooler doesn't fit in the top... This user and always try, or at least measure if it could fit.

We got it to fit now what would be a good idea later to get the bigger version on this case to help with some of the constraints.

74D7603C-8517-4E57-A35E-C9F109F2A3E1.jpeg

2EE4E482-F276-4904-A15B-AC85F3855706.jpeg