Upgrading components after experiencing lot's of crashing

dvdb

Hi,

Two years ago i've build my first PC. I was happy with it and it did everything i needed it to do.
Now after two years and multiple games failing on me while playing, i've decided i want to make it all better, make my pc worth it again.

The problems i've been experiencing in games are the following:

• Games randomly shut down
  • Textures sometimes act weird, it will have small flashing green boxes for the entire time i run the game, until i restart it again. 
  • Other glitches in game. For example the following one which i've experienced today during Apex Legends https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eG_20V1Dcih4LgtfZhoGZv...

It does not seem as much but i can't just play games i want to because of this. I will always crash and not be able to play. Sometimes before i even loaded the menu, other times randomly in game, and also sometimes whenever there is happening too much in the game.

My computer is build with the following parts:

• AMD Ryzen 5 1600 w/ stock cooler
  • ASUS prime B350-plus
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666-DDR4 (2x4gb), this is not sure. I lost the box and can't see it in my order history.
  • Gigabyte Windforce 1060 3gb OC
  • Seasonic M12II EVO 520W
  • Samsung evo 860
  • WD 1tb HDD

The parts i've been thinking about of getting are the following (to both upgrade, and hopefully solve my problems)

• MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor 8G < Obviously to upgrade my graphics card.
  • Corsair Vengeane LPX 3000-ddr4 (2x4gb) < i don't know if the frequency rate really matters that much, if it does: Should i get 16gb of 3000, or 16gb of 2666? Since i already have two sticks of 2666 memory
  • Corsair RMx Series RM650x < I've read by the productspecifications of the rtx2070 that it needs 550Watts of power. My current powersupply can't deliver this much.

I'm sorry for the long thread. I tried to include as much information as possible.
As you can see, i have not much experience with building pc's. And probably most of the people will think this is not a good build at all. Thats why i try to improve it now.

The questions i have are:
Will these new components help me in solving my issues which i have?
Are there other things for me to do better? Or to look out for?
Even if it's not a good solution to just randomly buy new hardware without knowing if it fixes things, i want to upgrade my pc anyways. Will these components be good for it?

Anyways; Thanks regards!

An upgrade is always nice for a system but I would reinstall windows 10 before you go pour more money into a system without a clue as to why you have random crashes. I dont know everything about ryzen but I know that it can be picky with ram so who knows that may be the issue. Again though I would reinstall windows first.

Current main PC:

CPU: R7 5800x (PBO undervolted)

GPU: 7900XT

RAM: 32gb Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG B550 F Gaming Wifi

CASE: Xtia Xproto ATX

Server PC:

CPU: Xeon X5690

GPU: R9 Fury X

RAM: Assorted 4gb sticks (24gb total)

MOBO: Asus Sabretooth X58

CASE: Alienware Area 51 ALX

For example my pc had some weird issue where it would take forever to boot and also would not always boot and would restart like starting a car in the winter. After a reinstall it fixed my issues.

Current main PC:

CPU: R7 5800x (PBO undervolted)

GPU: 7900XT

RAM: 32gb Kingston Fury @ 3600mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG B550 F Gaming Wifi

CASE: Xtia Xproto ATX

Server PC:

CPU: Xeon X5690

GPU: R9 Fury X

RAM: Assorted 4gb sticks (24gb total)

MOBO: Asus Sabretooth X58

CASE: Alienware Area 51 ALX

8 minutes ago, Terabyte_272 said:

For example my pc had some weird issue where it would take forever to boot and also would not always boot and would restart like starting a car in the winter. After a reinstall it fixed my issues.

Thanks! I'll try that later today. It would indeed help me deciding what ram to use. The thing about my ram is:i never seem to have much problems with it. It never really hits 100%, the most it seems to use is like 7gb out of 8gb ram. Maybe this is not even related to it. Thanks anyway, i'll give it a try later today!