Best wireless headphones?

Badger906

I'm after a new set of wireless headphones for my desktop. Currently have corsair h2100s which are great but the battery doesn't last very long now.

I also use an external mic so theres zero requirement for recommendations to be "gamer".

I most play games so comfort is key, they don't have to be "real" surround sound as windows does a good job of emulating it in games from experience.

So people recommendations? No budget really, if they're expensive and the best so be lol

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

1 hour ago, Owen the Trusty man said:

Bose QC35 ii

Neither of the above.  You have a open budget the best headphones in the world are these.  Sennheiser 820 for a generous price lol

If that budget is too much and you can't afford it then go with the Sennheiser HD 700 for 500 dollars.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

But let me note these are reference monitor headphones.  There is no exagghurated bass or treble too high or EQed enhanced mids and bass and what not.  You get the sound the artist meant for you to hear.  Their used for studio monitoring but you can use them as your daily driver,, no phun…...

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

16 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Sony WH1000XM3

This.  Just picked up a pair. They're really nice.  LTT just had a video discussing best wireless headphones

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

Neither of the above.  You have a open budget the best headphones in the world are these.  Sennheiser 820 for a generous price lol

If that budget is too much and you can't afford it then go with the Sennheiser HD 700 for 500 dollars.

What? The HD820 sucks. And not even the best headphones in the world. The HD700 also sucks.

But let me note these are reference monitor headphones.  There is no exagghurated bass or treble too high or EQed enhanced mids and bass and what not.  You get the sound the artist meant for you to hear.  Their used for studio monitoring but you can use them as your daily driver,, no phun…...

None of these are neutral we have been over this. Stop spewing complete lies.

Do these look neutral to you?

HD820
freq-response.png.1756a0b6e400ab6f1eee9c20323ed50a.png

HD700
fr-hd700.png.007bc7c76dfc9a9f31ca4b659f7baf49.png

I don’t use them for gaming but the Sony WH 1000M3s are really excellent wireless headphones

have no experience with them myself but if i were in your shoes id get the sennheiser rs 185. they are the only wireless headphones that are open back and i personaly like open back headphones especially at home in the scenario you described.

i mean they are not the only model sennheiser has a lower tier one with analog data transmission i would try to avoid and philips also makes some but out of the 2 id definitly trust sennheiser more.

oh and of course razer has a wireless headset (tresher i believe its called) they claim is open back but my razer days are over and have been for a long time.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I haven't tried them, but a while ago when I was looking into wireless headphones I was pretty interested in the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless, they have a very good reputation.

have tried the V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless, and those are really good. I'd say their comfort is average, but their sound quality is definitely above average and the build quality is awesome. The Bose QC35 II are great for travel -They're comfortable, their ANC is awesome, good battery life, easy to pack up and whatnot, but to me the sound quality was just 'good' and the build quality didn't feel quite as solid as I'd like. I'm partial to Sennheiser, but I haven't tried any of their wireless offerings and I've generally heard that none of them really stand out.

23 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Neither of the above. You have a open budget the best headphones in the world are these: Sennheiser 820 for a generous price lol

... You get the sound the artist meant for you to hear....

Once you start getting into that price range, you're generally no longer choosing the best sound quality, you're just choosing your preference. The HD820's are probably quite good (I haven't tried them), but what about Focal? What about HiFiMan? What about Audeze? Hell, what about Sennheiser's own Orpheus line? Everyone likes something different.

And as for the "music how the artist intended" slogan, think about this: If you were a sound engineer mastering a song from some big celebrity musician, would you be mastering it for the vast minority with $1000+ headphones, or for the vast majority with earpods and Beats? It's not like better headphones won't sound, well, better, but the artist generally isn't operating under the expectation that their consumers have the best audio setup possible. Hell, sometimes the clarity of really good headphones can point out errors, compression artifacts, and other bad audio bits that worse headphones would let you ignore while you enjoy the music.

And even then, what's more important is how you want to hear it. Music is meant to be enjoyed, so while some people do enjoy more 'neutral' sound, others may not. I personally prefer my HD8 DJ's over my HD559's even though the latter are probably more 'accurate', because the HD8's are more fun. I'd probably pick them over the HD820's as well.

I suggest reading these posts, @Max_Settings explains things pretty well:

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

51 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I haven't tried them, but a while ago when I was looking into wireless headphones I was pretty interested in the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless, they have a very good reputation.

have tried the V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless, and those are really good. I'd say their comfort is average, but their sound quality is definitely above average and the build quality is awesome. The Bose QC35 II are great for travel -They're comfortable, their ANC is awesome, good battery life, easy to pack up and whatnot, but to me the sound quality was just 'good' and the build quality didn't feel quite as solid as I'd like. I'm partial to Sennheiser, but I haven't tried any of their wireless offerings and I've generally heard that none of them really stand out.

Once you start getting into that price range, you're generally no longer choosing the best sound quality, you're just choosing your preference. The HD820's are probably quite good (I haven't tried them), but what about Focal? What about HiFiMan? What about Audeze? Hell, what about Sennheiser's own Orpheus line? Everyone likes something different.

And as for the "music how the artist intended" slogan, think about this: If you were a sound engineer mastering a song from some big celebrity musician, would you be mastering it for the vast minority with $1000+ headphones, or for the vast majority with earpods and Beats? It's not like better headphones won't sound, well, better, but the artist generally isn't operating under the expectation that their consumers have the best audio setup possible. Hell, sometimes the clarity of really good headphones can point out errors, compression artifacts, and other bad audio bits that worse headphones would let you ignore while you enjoy the music.

And even then, what's more important is how you want to hear it. Music is meant to be enjoyed, so while some people do enjoy more 'neutral' sound, others may not. I personally prefer my HD8 DJ's over my HD559's even though the latter are probably more 'accurate', because the HD8's are more fun. I'd probably pick them over the HD820's as well.

I suggest reading these posts, @Max_Settings explains things pretty well:

Ok I’m busy right now so I’ll respond to this in depth in a bit. But just FYI the Amirion and HD820 are awful. I’ll explain more later.