Dual Monitor setup suddenly stops working?!

Harkulles
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

Go download DDU and run it: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Then reinstall the latest version of the AMD drivers. 

Hi,

I was watching a YT video yesterday, as suddenly the resolution of my monitor changed. I restarted the PC, and during the booting was everything finr. both monitors had a picture. As soon as the Windows Bootscreen shows up, the 2. monitor gets no Signal. I can only see the signalless monitor in my Device manager. 

I installed the latest Graphic drivers. (Adrenalin 19.2.1)

The monitor and GPU slots still work, because i can plug in each of them alone, and they work, but not both of them togother.

In the is only the active monitor listed, and windows cant find the 2. monitor...

I have no idea what to do...

The setup Just worked fine for half a year, and now this happend out of nowhere...

My Specs:

Windows 10 pro 64bit (not activated)

RX 580 with 19.2.1

R 5 1600

MSI B350M ProVDH

16GB 3000MHz G. skill aegis

Thx alot for your help

3 minutes ago, Harkulles said:

Hi,

I was watching a YT video yesterday, as suddenly the resolution of my monitor changed. I restarted the PC, and during the booting was everything finr. both monitors had a picture. As soon as the Windows Bootscreen shows up, the 2. monitor gets no Signal. I can only see the signalless monitor in my Device manager. 

I installed the latest Graphic drivers. (Adrenalin 19.2.1)

The monitor and GPU slots still work, because i can plug in each of them alone, and they work, but not both of them togother.

In the is only the active monitor listed, and windows cant find the 2. monitor...

I have no idea what to do...

The setup Just worked fine for half a year, and now this happend out of nowhere...

My Specs:

Windows 10 pro 64bit (not activated)

RX 580 with 19.2.1

R 5 1600

MSI B350M ProVDH

16GB 3000MHz G. skill aegis

Thx alot for your help

Not sure if you tried this already but this helps when it happens to me from time to time. Keep everything plugged into the PC, pull the power cord from the monitor that's not working and wait half a minute before plugging it back in. This usually helps my Dell remember what I bought it to do.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Go download DDU and run it: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Then reinstall the latest version of the AMD drivers. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card