Pls help my pc wont boot

epro911

I have a biostar g41u3g motherboard with a Intel core 2 quad q9400 and ddr3 1333mhz 2x2gb corsair xms3 10666 and a wd7500ayys western digital hard drive and I can't get it to boot windows in any mode(repair, safe,etc)

3 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

Can you get to the Bios?

Yes

3 hours ago, epro911 said:

I have a biostar g41u3g motherboard with a Intel core 2 quad q9400 and ddr3 1333mhz 2x2gb corsair xms3 10666 and a wd7500ayys western digital hard drive and I can't get it to boot windows in any mode(repair, safe,etc)

Update I can now access the repair mode but startup repair didn't find anything

Do you have a back up of everything on your computer, if so you may want to consider a clean install and transferring your data back over

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

3 hours ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

Do you have a back up of everything on your computer, if so you may want to consider a clean install and transferring your data back over

I dont have a backup but I dont think it's my hard drive that's the problem I think its something in the bios but idk what it could be

14 minutes ago, epro911 said:

I dont have a backup but I dont think it's my hard drive that's the problem I think its something in the bios but idk what it could be

You could always clear the cmos to reset your bios settings

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

11 minutes ago, AdvancedMicroDisapointment said:

You could always clear the cmos to reset your bios settings

I can get to the bios but windows won't load I start to see it load then it restarts my pc 

I changed a few things and now there is a blue screen of death that says stop: 0x0000007b (0xfffff880009a98e8,0xffffffffc0000034,0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000000)

Did you try useing a new hardrive on it and install windows on it through that cause i have a similar problem and the only piece of hardware that i used thats old is the harddrive that was used on another motherboard i havent tried this yet but if you can do so if youve one lieing about or can format one to do this im getting bsod's everytime tho it mite be the harddrive 

13 minutes ago, Hemlock4 said:

Did you try useing a new hardrive on it and install windows on it through that cause i have a similar problem and the only piece of hardware that i used thats old is the harddrive that was used on another motherboard i havent tried this yet but if you can do so if youve one lieing about or can format one to do this im getting bsod's everytime tho it mite be the harddrive 

I have used 2 different ide hard drives instead of a sata hard drive but only one worked wich was a inactive version of windows xp

Maybe get a new harddrive or wipe a sata one if you have one with a usb to sata cable use a other pc to format then boot install windows maybe?

22 minutes ago, Hemlock4 said:

Maybe get a new harddrive or wipe a sata one if you have one with a usb to sata cable use a other pc to format then boot install windows maybe?

I cant do any of that but I was thinking something in the bios might be the problem seeing as it was working fine on a different motherboard but I cant find anything in the bios

I know the problem now I need to change  the ahci to ide but idk how on this motherboard. any one else have the motherboard and know how to change it?

1 hour ago, epro911 said:

I know the problem now I need to change  the ahci to ide but idk how on this motherboard. any one else have the motherboard and know how to change it?

You can find it in advance

6 hours ago, MizuNano said:

You can find it in advance

I cant find it in advanced

Rip bro your mainboard is probably defect or u damaged it.Had the same problem tried everything tried with other graphic card ram updated bios tried unplugging everything with it wouldnt boot no matter if i try with usb or or cd anything.The problem was i was getting into bios but when i press windows boot option sometimes windows logo shows and after that pc gets loud and no signal on my screen.I couldnt turn off my pc from power button.Your problem is similar if u get into bios but pc restarts after the boot option that is from the mainboard.Sucks you have to send your mainboard back and get a new one...

1 hour ago, step40 said:

Rip bro your mainboard is probably defect or u damaged it.Had the same problem tried everything tried with other graphic card ram updated bios tried unplugging everything with it wouldnt boot no matter if i try with usb or or cd anything.The problem was i was getting into bios but when i press windows boot option sometimes windows logo shows and after that pc gets loud and no signal on my screen.I couldnt turn off my pc from power button.Your problem is similar if u get into bios but pc restarts after the boot option that is from the mainboard.Sucks you have to send your mainboard back and get a new one...

I said I know the problem I just don't know how to fix it and I got a bsod which helped me find the problem my motherboard is fine cus like I said before I got it to boot on a inactive version of windows xp