how to install windows on new ssd?

blitzilla

Im currently running a  400/500 gb  evo 860 ssd  as my main  drive

I bought a  240gb  teamlite  ssd  to put in a  different  laptop. but  right now both are hooked  onto my  main pc to instal windows on it...
When I use  EaseUS  to try to ''Migrate  OS''  the  ssd  isnt  big  enough ( but  I dont want all the files  just  a working fresh  windows on a separate drive. ( the teamlite one)  its  a 240gb

2 minutes ago, blitzilla said:

When I use  EaseUS  to try to ''Migrate  OS''  the  ssd  isnt  big  enough ( but  I dont want all the files  just  a working fresh  windows on a separate drive. ( the teamlite one)  its  a 240gb

This is a XY Problem (read through this page): http://xyproblem.info/

Please give us more detail on what you want to do.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

If you're using it on another system, you put windows installer on a usb stick and install it normally.

Windows keys are cheap on g2a etc.

You won't be able to clone it because of the size difference. You'll have to use Microsoft's Windows ISO Tool, create a bootable drive and install windows fresh using that. 

I'd stick the new SSD into the laptop you want it in, then install Windows to it

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

22 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You won't be able to clone it because of the size difference. You'll have to use Microsoft's Windows ISO Tool, create a bootable drive and install windows fresh using that. 

I'd stick the new SSD into the laptop you want it in, then install Windows to it

When i moved my Windows from 1TB HDD to 156GB SSD i cut the contents of the 1TB to 156 and moved the whole thing, this is far from optimal :P

+1 on the USB stick with clean install

A windows 10 key from Kinguin is 20$

Well, you CAN clone it using Macrium Reflect. Search this forum and you'll find many answers (every day someone asks the same question).