Game to play with my Boyfriend?

QueenApis

I am looking for a co-op story-based RPG Adventure to play with my boyfriend, we live together so that makes LAN an option. I wouldn't want an MMO, I want something where we get to play out the story. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!
Maybe a game with magic would be fun, but we wouldn't mind a si-fi game either!

Edit: Looking for a 3rd or 1st person adventure game, not based on puzzles. We love Portal 2 but we are more looking for an open-world adventure to experience.
Thank you so much for the responses though!

Edited by QueenApis

Saints Row III and IV have co-op and a story. 

It's also easy to search steam with the Co-op tag and it'll show you only games with 2 player co-op.

Portal 2 is a good puzzle game option that's always fun.

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

Astroneer doesn't match every one of these, but its still my favorite :P

-Llama

Ryzen 7 1700X - Cryorig C7 - Gigabyte Gaming B450 Wifi - 16GB GSKILL Aegis DDR4-3000mghz - WD Black NVMe 250GB M.2 / WD Black 2.5 1TB HD - Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB - FD Node 202

"Never trust a computer you can’t throw out a window."

— Steve Wozniak

PCPartPicker - Steam - GitHub

1 hour ago, QueenApis said:

I am looking for a co-op story-based RPG Adventure to play with my boyfriend, we live together so that makes LAN an option. I wouldn't want an MMO, I want something where we get to play out the story. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Any LEGO Game.

All you need is 1 somewhat OKish PC and two controllers. And that's it.
You have to play together to solve some puzzles and so on.

That's my recommendation.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

The Borderlands series is a CO-OP 1st person shooter RPG in a SciFi setting.  Borderlands 2 and the Presequel are more fun and has more fleshed out story then Borderlands 1.  Minecraft can also be a lot of fun in a shared world.

7 hours ago, QueenApis said:

Edit: Looking for a 3rd or 1st person adventure game, not based on puzzles. We love Portal 2 but we are more looking for an open-world adventure to experience.
Thank you so much for the responses though!

I am in a similar situation, ie. I live together with someone and we love to play games out in coop-mode. Some games that we have played and which I would recommend at least taking a look at:

• All Borderlands-games
  • Dying Light
  • Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2
  • Styx
  • Dead Island - series

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Seconding the already mentioned Saints Row, Borderlands, Divinity: Original Sin. Maybe Destiny 2, dunno about the price, it was for free at some point. Warframe is free, but there's not much of the story, though I like the gameplay a lot. Samurai Warriors or Dynasty Warriors can be played with split screen and the story is pretty cool.

Did a lot of heroes of might and magic with my gf back in the days, 3 and 4 in hotseat mode.. maybe 7 has the same option i'm not sure…

these days i only search for opponents online.. pbem play ;)  

Divinity Original Sin 2 for sure.

I am neither an AMD nor an Intel nor an Nvidia purist. I buy the most appropriate technology to suit my needs. I tend to root for the underdog so I am always hoping for AMD to do well, but when it's time to buy, I buy what suits me.

Divinity 2: Original Sin is wonderful for couples co-op. If you don't mind something even closer to Diablo then Path of Exile would be a decent pick (its also free.)

Trine series.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I think boys are into Bionicles nowadays.

world of warcraft is good. Try some private servers for classic experiences. Do some double date vanilla servers :P (It will require all 4 or more of you. Game is designed to be tough/have large parties.)
League of Legends is okay.

Borderlands.

Halo 2 Project Cartogropher might have split screen. Free & designed to run on a laptop pentium 3 with 60mb of ram. You can run it.

Left 4 Dead series.
Rust is always fun xD

Fallout NV or Skyrim online mods.

Gears of war series.

idk of any popular survival games aside from rust that may be good.