CrankzWare RainPOW! Flexible RGB / Fan Controller

EDIT: As I told colonel_mortis, the controller came out at the 1st of February, so therefore I am unable to link any reviews (by now). The expected wait time is 4 weeks+, so when some reviews arise, I will link them here.

The CrankzWare RainPOW! is a controller for light (RGB) and fan that can support all devices of all manufacturers that have any product with RGB functionality in the range. Here is an up-to-date overview of the functionalities:

Product website: https://www.crankzware.de/produkte/rainpow/

Product Portfolio: 

Functions:

Be the ruler of your PC and use every available resource on the market. The many different ports on the RainPOW allow you to take your lighting to the next level!

Integrated fan control for up to 8 fans on 4 channels
4 connectors for both analog and digital LED strips
3 switching channels for simple integration of physical switches, which can then be controlled via the software (soldering required)

No matter which RGB LEDs you plan to use, compatibility is no longer the limiting factor! Let your PC show the full color spectrum. The RainPOW! comes with native support of the following digital RGB LED types:

APA102 and DOTSTAR
WS2811, WS2812B, WS2801 and NEOPIXEL
TM1809, TM1812, TM1803, TM1804, TM1829
UCS1903, UCS2903
LPD8806, LPD1886
P9813, SM16716
TLS3001, TLC5940, TLC5947

Controlled via Desktop App. Total price currently 124,99 - 139,99€. Expect wait time of 4 weeks+, since he currently builds them himself. But he has a well-known sponsor too, who just needs some evalution time.

• Dimensions:                                  ca. 100mm × 145mm × 25mm (3,5" HDD)
  • Connections:                               
    • Input:                                  1x 4 Pin Molex
    • Data:                                  1x Micro-USB
    • Output:                               4x2 3 Pin Fan (PWM)
    • Output:                               4x 12V 4 Pin analog RGB-LED bars
    • Output:                               4x 5V 4 Pin digital RGB-LED bars
    • Output:                               3x 2 Pin trigger channels
    • Power:                               Molex 4 pin: 1 x 12V, 1 x 5V, 2 x GND
  • Abilities:                                       115 W max (12 V secured with 6,8A, 5 V secured with 6,8A)
  • LED-bar length:                           1 meter (100 cm) @ 30 / 60 LEDs/m and 0,5 Meter (50cm) for 60-144 LEDs/m
  • Software OS:                               Windows 7, Windows 10 both x86 / 64x, Linux
  • preprogrammed digital effects:    25+, many of which are self-adjustable, regular updates
  • preprogrammed analog effects:  Cycling, breathing, flicker, continous
  • package contents:                       1x CrankzWare RainPOW!, manual

Update: In case you are in the specific group on facebook, you can read the user review here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CaseMDeutschland/permalink/2287219484642644/

Otherwise, I gonna past the contents of the review here, translated: 

Mark Drews:

Servus together,

I have got the days my RainPow! from CrankzWare. Of course, the cables were too short, as always.
So I ordered a longer 5pin head on micro USB cable and a Molex extension. (Attention I need the complete Molex power supply, so no adapter with just two wires, etc.;))

Everything connected, WS2812 LED Stripe plugged in, computer started up. LED stripe dark.

So Stripe plugged elsewhere, no other result. So I wrote a short message to CrankzWare if he has an idea.

Plan A.) I send him the RainPow and he looks at it.

Plan B.) I check it. So multimeter pulled out, everything measured -> Tadaaaaa fuse through. Backup swapped and it works.

This is really TOP customer service. The software is great, many effects can be adjusted by the colors and speed. The existing effects have something for everyone. I'm really excited. The software controls the LEDs fine and fast. The color changes are so finely graduated that there is no unsightly color break. It makes the watching fun.

Incidentally, I have ordered the appropriate nimble fuses directly. For around 3.5 € you get a pack of 10. 

I can only recommend RainPow to everyone. Here somebody has made a real effort and does not let you stand even with banal problems.

Update 2, another user review appeared in the german "AMD Liebhaber" group on facebook, sry still no video. Link to the review for the Rainpow (and if interested the Eyelight, but here I just paste the RainPOW! - Review): https://www.facebook.com/groups/amd.liebhaber/permalink/1276556249176442/

Translated Review:

Pascal Horrido
Review rainpow

I thought about writing a review about the products of Crankzware to tell you the impressions from my point of view.

A couple of months ago I came across CrankzWare, I was looking for something that enhances my PC in terms of RGB, until then I only had experiences with Corsair, AIGO, etc.
Unfortunately, nothing had convinced me.

In the evening I came across Bernhard Baumgartner in the PCHMG community with his manufactory Crankzware. The curiosity has grabbed me directly, unfortunately it was so that not much was to be seen and I just wrote to Bernhard.
After long talks, I had Bernhard then so far that I could buy a Rainpow.

I had agreed with our Bernhard then, I want the Crankzware Carefree package, everything should be tuned to because Rainpow. (Fan GPU / SSD baking plate AGB) and so I sent him everything.
I was aware that the Rainpow was still at the beginning, so I have Bernhard all my fans, etc. made available so that all errors could be eradicated.
After long test phases, many video calls and nights it was finally time.
A package from Ingolstadt had arrived.

The first impression (hardware):

You immediately saw that it was not a product of large manufacturers, but a product that was developed in manufacturing work. The case was a 3D printer and they really tried hard to get a solid product.
In my view, this is absolutely successful.
In the package there was also a distributor Hub Bernhard made for me, because I have a lot of fans, etc. with RGB.

The installation:

The installation was quite simple: Micro USB with dock connected directly to the USB port of the motherboard, Rainpow connected with Molex. The fans / RGB are clamped on the pins and software installed. FIRE-FREE.

The first start:

After quick settings in the software, it was time.
The click on "Save to Rainpow" was the hit. I first had to search for sunglasses.
The effects were terrific, everything was set perfectly. The fans responded to the RPM setting Immediately, the measures of effects was awesome. I sat there for several hours and played with the effects and until today I still have no favorite effects, which I have permanently set.

Conclusion:

For me, the Rainpow is an absolutely successful product.
Updates will gradually add more effects to the list.
Also the support of Bernhard (Crankzware) is perfect.
He always asks if everything is OK or if there are any improvements.
The mere fact that customer opinions are incorporated into the product is in a class of its own.
Even suggestions like new effects are always accepted with thanks.

The linked pictures are from this review he made.

60941799_2263025817347869_8072749280349126656_o.jpg

61113913_2263111454005972_4033909696166363136_o.jpg

61296430_2263026214014496_7087611450549600256_o.jpg

60728802_2263026030681181_644094757659738112_o.jpg

60871059_2263026044014513_5651376310912548864_o.jpg

60957221_2263026084014509_7388631135502204928_o.jpg

Edited by Clu21
Another user review appeared