AMD Kaveri Dual Graphics Only Works With Radeon R7 250 and Radeon R7 240 GPUs

TOMPPIX

Yeah i thought that too. just the dual graphics for when perhaps your stream PC is out of commission or something.

Agree, but will it be enough power to be worthwhile if the streaming is out.

What I want them to do is release a higher end APU much like the PS4 and bundle in a beefier cooler(maybe an AIO Liquid Cooler), have it compatible with the mid range cards such as the 270/270X for hybrid Crossfire.

all of this on a micro ATX board with WIFI onboard would make one hell of a console replacement PC/Media PC

#Drool

but a boy can dream eh.

What you can already do is get athlon x4 with r9 270 and it would be enough for competing with consoles.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

First gen apu's did tbis with a 6670 and lower. I had sich a rig.

Well that was completely expected.

{B t t tk Pf t B t t tk Pf tk B Pf} <--- This is my language. BEATBOXING FOR LIFE!

Interesting if true, but wccftech so it isnt true.

"wccftech have just received information form an AMD representative"

yeah k ....

Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.g

I love how they made the graph look like it was 3x better performance

the graphs lie... what a BS way to represent xP Do you notice it?

Here:

Guys this graph was on Anandtech, its legit just in case anyone doubts it. I will say though, I don't know why they represented the graph like this, it's kind of odd, but anyway...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7677/amd-kaveri-review-a8-7600-a10-7850k/7

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

When the charts begin at 15fps of course the dufference looks much more impressive....

When the charts begin at 15fps of course the dufference looks much more impressive....

While I fully admit and agree that these charts are deceitful in how they represent the data, it's a 2x increase in FPS from non-playable to playable on high at 1080p. 

That is impressive. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Here:

Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.g

still don't believe you. in no way would amd release a processor with ZERO performance improvements compared to last gen. 5% improvement, maybe. 10% is more likely. saying it scores significantly worse than the 6800k raises many warning bells for me. And it's Anandtech, the site of "GIVE US MONEY INTEL"

No, by that logic nobody should get a dedicated GPU with any intel processor.

What? An APU is a standalone device so it is meant to not need a GPU, and a GPU is not meant to be standalone.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I love the very deceptive graphs that make it look like a huge performance increase

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

Agree, but will it be enough power to be worthwhile if the streaming is out.

For me, yes. for others, maybe not. While my streaming is out I would probs take the chance to play some games that I normally dont such as star wars jedi knight jedi outcast, mysteries of the sith, any lego games, maybe some LOTR, and others. even the daul graphics would be good enough to play for example skyrim on mediumish settings at 720 or maybe even 1080p. you would probably get something in the 40's with some dipping, but still.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

For me, yes. for others, maybe not. While my streaming is out I would probs take the chance to play some games that I normally dont such as star wars jedi knight jedi outcast, mysteries of the sith, any lego games, maybe some LOTR, and others. even the daul graphics would be good enough to play for example skyrim on mediumish settings at 720 or maybe even 1080p. you would probably get something in the 40's with some dipping, but still.

You raise a good point.

What? An APU is a standalone device so it is meant to not need a GPU, and a GPU is not meant to be standalone.

I don't see why people assume this. 

The point of an APU, in the long term, is to handle certain calculations off-loaded from the GPU among a few other things. 

I look at current APUs as experiments and for cheap builds that aren't meant for gaming at all (aside from the most powerful one). 

† Christian Member †

I don't see why people assume this. 

The point of an APU, in the long term, is to handle certain calculations off-loaded from the GPU among a few other things. 

I look at current APUs as experiments and for cheap builds that aren't meant for gaming at all (aside from the most powerful one). 

Obviously AMD has big plans for APU's, the future of computing is with a mix of parallel processing and typical CPU type loads. AMD is banking on the future much like it has done in the past with 64 Bit support, higher clockspeeds (at the time) and great technologies on the GPU side. What they really need to focus on is improved GPU performance and working with Microsoft in order to get better homogeneous computing support that is built right into windows. AMD needs to hold out a little longer and work on drastically improving their architecture. I want a 'SandyBridge' esque jump in performance, then the enthusiast market will be excited and that's where the hype gets generated.

They have the right ideas, and the right mindset, they just need to hit a bulls-eye with enthusiasts I think. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I can tell you why they represented it like this; misinformation

You're gonna have to explain to me how a linear scale graph with the values labelled is misinformation.

You're gonna have to explain to me how a linear scale graph with the values labelled is misinformation.

Because psychologically, you know most people are going to get most of their information from the bar sizes. Because most are going to skim the articles.

And even if they do read the numbers, the initial "whoa, those are disproportionate" is hard to get rid of. Think of it similarly to selection bias. It's kind of like that.

Intentionally deceiving is misinformation when the goal is to get someone to get information that's not true(i.e. massive near 5x improvements vs 2x improvements).

Just saying.

† Christian Member †

Almost perfect scaling :o

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Well there is a difference, it's not like Intel gives its buyers much of a choice about whether they want integrated graphics.

My Xeon begs to differ.

My Xeon begs to differ.

Well, I did say "*much* of a choice" rather than "no choice". I don't consider some CPUs intended for servers and a handful of ivy bridge-e/sandy-bridge-e CPUs to be a huge amount of choice. (Yeah, I know there are like 3-4 other exceptions as well). The original point I was trying to make to the other poster was that if somebody was going to buy an APU, they're most likely intending to use the integrated graphics in some form. It's a bit different with Intel where the most popular options for gaming come with integrated graphics even though lots of people probably aren't going to use it.