windows cannot be installed to this disk this computers hardware may not support booting to the disk

whatswrongwithyou

please help, im in the process of formatting my pc right now and im posting through my laptop. im just sitting here staring at the bios.

error message: windows cannot be installed to this disk this computers hardware may not support booting to the disk. ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

i plugged in my new m.2 nvme ssd (adata xpg gammix s11 480gb nvme ssd) and i disconnected my hdd. im booting off my usb that i prepared with windows 10. ive done this before with the same usb and it always works.

i heard from a friend that i needed to change something in the bios for it to work.i tried changing from ahci to ide to raid and everything in between in vain. 

please help im going to keep refreshing the page while i sit in the bios and wait : /

4 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Does the NVME drive show in the BIOS?

Yes, ill link pictures.IMG-20190205-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.72c0a2096ecc2f1252ad6524f3fbfc80.jpeg

sorry its flipped. 

Just now, emosun said:

the bios , not windows

Sorry my bad... Im just out of my mind atm.. i believe this is it, the one with the cursor on top 

IMG_20190205_005852.jpg

Just now, emosun said:

well you should see if the bios can identify it

how can i do that ? : /

find where in the bios it identifies what drive is connected , i dont know where it is on your board i dont use consumer hardware.

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

find where in the bios it identifies what drive is connected , i dont know where it is on your board i dont use consumer hardware.

This is what you mean i guess? 

IMG_20190205_011009.jpg

i changed it from legacy+UEFI to UEFI only and it seems to solve the problem.  i'll mark this as solved once it's finished installing. thanks guys

okay so the main issue is that the drive is not initialized? whatever that means, a friend of mine had the same ssd and he told me he initialize it in order for him to see it and control it in the bios. for now my main issue is that i cant see the damn m.2 ssd in my bios. 

i installed windows on my hdd to initialize it but i dont know how that works or what to do

can anyone help? ive been trying for almost 5 hours now

11 hours ago, fiff said:

okay so the main issue is that the drive is not initialized? whatever that means, a friend of mine had the same ssd and he told me he initialize it in order for him to see it and control it in the bios. for now my main issue is that i cant see the damn m.2 ssd in my bios. 

i installed windows on my hdd to initialize it but i dont know how that works or what to do

can anyone help? ive been trying for almost 5 hours now

Windows install does the init automatically, you do NOT have to install windows elsewhere and manually init the disk.