Apple Will Award Teen Who Discovered FaceTime Bug

DrMacintosh
On 2/6/2019 at 7:35 AM, 79wjd said:

I thought he contacted Apple (privately) through a couple modes of contact before going to Twitter (a few days later) with a vague mention of the bug and a reference to his prior messages to Apple directly since he wasn't getting any response back (not surprising as I would expect it to take time for something to make it up the channel to someone who can actually do something).

Even a lacky can send a generic response thanking them for their communication and that the matter is being looked into.

According the articles I read they spent a week emailing, calling and even faxing apple before they posted it to twitter.  But it took 9 days before they got a response.

But we all know how accurate articles are, I think it's probably safe to assume (with his mum being a lawyer) they tried to go through the correct channels and at least gave them a few days before going public.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 2/4/2019 at 10:43 PM, ARikozuM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Vote Bernie for 2020! 

On topic: People are always bashing Apple for having bugs, but these positive plays will never be heard. Also, college savings? I'd let him stay at my place in Uruguay so he can get 4 years of free college. 

hmmm this happens on EVERY big company..... ?

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

Good for the kid, Apple giving the hammer to the guy who found a major bug on macOS. Gotta love Apple right?