I screwed up and I need help

Tudor30

So, the other day, me and my father decided to clean and change the thermal paste and pads on a laptop (Acer aspire v3 771g). While we were at it i found a little chip near the computer chasis and  the mobo's place in the pc. And we searched for it for hours and could not found it's place/spot neither it's function. It says bT1 and some nubers on the small chip itself (805 and (not sure if it begins with a 1)096). I know I am asking for a lot, but if you know (or at least you think you do) leave a reply. Thx  

P.S.: this thing is smaller than my pinkie 

https://imgur.com/a/2Lqv4ie ( pic with the chip's code actually visible, sort of)

15493079094271187397834.jpg

15493080299912121995114.jpg

20190204_194643.jpg

Edited by Tudor30

It's zoomed in a little far for me to tell, but I think that's some sort of LED indicator. Look around for some sort of springy metal pieces that would touch the 4 pads on the bottom.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

10 minutes ago, Tudor30 said:

While we were at it i found a little chip near the computer chasis and  the mobo's place in the pc

You dun goof'd. There's an LED, the LED's current-limiting resistor, a capacitor and what is probably some sort of a power-transistor, but that doesn't really tell anything about where it might go. Those 4 tabs on the bottom should get a contact on the mobo, so did it fall out of some slot or is there some spring-mechanism somewhere that was supposed to hold it down?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

46 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You dun goof'd. There's an LED, the LED's current-limiting resistor, a capacitor and what is probably some sort of a power-transistor, but that doesn't really tell anything about where it might go. Those 4 tabs on the bottom should get a contact on the mobo, so did it fall out of some slot or is there some spring-mechanism somewhere that was supposed to hold it down?

I don't know, i found it near the mobo. And no, after 2 hours of searching and comparing my mobo with an identical one found on the internet, i still couldn't find it's original spot on the mobo: no spring-mechanism, no slot to insert it...

52 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

It's zoomed in a little far for me to tell, but I think that's some sort of LED indicator. Look around for some sort of springy metal pieces that would touch the 4 pads on the bottom.

Couldn't find any, still looking. 

46 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Look for a spot on the motherboard with 2 screw holes close together?  

The image is misleading because the whole thing is smaller than my pinkie and the laptop doesn't have such small screws

Forget the picture, tell me EXACTLY what the numbers/letters are on the chip. There is no such thing as a mystery laptop part.

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

10 hours ago, UncleJarvis said:

Forget the picture, tell me EXACTLY what the numbers/letters are on the chip. There is no such thing as a mystery laptop part.

Not sure but it's either 805 096 or 805 1096. Could also be 803 096 too. It's too small to see clearly and my camera is pretty much useless

Well, hopefully somebody has time to research this part from your savage dismantling of the laptop. There was no need to unscrew random parts just to get to thermal pad if you correctly consulted the tear down manual. Browsing,  I didn't see it listed as a user replaceable part. Shit creek, you like it?

Does the notebook power up? Windows loads? Is there anything it can't do anymore? I'm out ?

Got a computer problem? Update the BIOS! ?

On 2/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, Tudor30 said:

So, the other day, me and my father decided to clean and change the thermal paste and pads on a laptop (Acer aspire v3 771g). While we were at it i found a little chip near the computer chasis and  the mobo's place in the pc. And we searched for it for hours and could not found it's place/spot neither it's function. It says bT1 and some nubers on the small chip itself (805 and (not sure if it begins with a 1)096). I know I am asking for a lot, but if you know (or at least you think you do) leave a reply. Thx  

P.S.: this thing is smaller than my pinkie 

https://imgur.com/a/2Lqv4ie ( pic with the chip's code actually visible, sort of)

15493079094271187397834.jpg

15493080299912121995114.jpg

20190204_194643.jpg

Reassembled the laptop and works just fine and with lower temps. Seems that this chip was lost in the laptop when I send it to a repair shop to change my display. So yeah, it was just me panicking for nothing. Thanks for the replies!

On 2/6/2019 at 2:01 AM, UncleJarvis said:

Well, hopefully somebody has time to research this part from your savage dismantling of the laptop. There was no need to unscrew random parts just to get to thermal pad if you correctly consulted the tear down manual. Browsing,  I didn't see it listed as a user replaceable part. Shit creek, you like it?

Does the notebook power up? Windows loads? Is there anything it can't do anymore? I'm out ?

It works. It was something from outside the pc. I followed the manual step by step