Drive ID= unknown.

Geralt of rivia
Go to solution Solved by seagate_surfer,

I checked the downloads available for your model and they have one for you dated 02 Nov 2018, I quote the following from their website, "This file format consists of a BIOS-executable file. To use it, download the file and copy it to a DOS-bootable USB flash drive, then boot the system to the USB flash drive and run the program.". So, you need to download this file to a USB flash drive and boot the computer from the USB, then it will run the update:

So the problem here is that guys i am trying to attach a new hdd in my T7500 but it is giving me this weird kinda thing. If you look at that Bios picture that External SATA drive is the problem. It doesn't show up in windows either. Need immediate help. 

IMG20190204233038.jpg

1549305370130.jpg

And the problem doesn't seem to be in the hdd the problem is somewhere in the cables. When i replaced that new one with the old and interchanged there positions. The old one stopped working being in the place of the new one with the same cables attached.

I was going to say that when a drive doesn't appear not even in BIOS is because is dead but your second comment changed everything. Did you try updating the BIOS firmware? And this could also be your power source, can you try another one?

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

14 minutes ago, Geralt of rivia said:

new hdd in my T7500

Dell Precision T7500?

SOme of the older ones, have limitations on what you can attach to the SATA connections. On my T5610, 1 or 2 ports are dedicated to optical drives and tend to complain if I put HDDs on them

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

I was going to say that when a drive doesn't appear not even in BIOS is because is dead but your second comment changed everything. Did you try updating the BIOS firmware? And this could also be your power source, can you try another one?

I tried both. Seems like whenever i put the hdds on p12 and p13 cables. They don't show up. 

1549306886402.jpg

I see one drive from Samsung, one from WDC and one from Seagate and the specs of your computer say you can connect up to four 3.5-inch SATA drives:

How many hard drives do you have connected?

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

I have 3 hdd connected. One more thing. If i connect thwm to the sata 0 , sata 1 and sata 3 On the mother board they work just fine. But when i shift their cables to the HDD0 ,HDD1,HDD2 they dont work at all. 

I checked the downloads available for your model and they have one for you dated 02 Nov 2018, I quote the following from their website, "This file format consists of a BIOS-executable file. To use it, download the file and copy it to a DOS-bootable USB flash drive, then boot the system to the USB flash drive and run the program.". So, you need to download this file to a USB flash drive and boot the computer from the USB, then it will run the update:

Do not worry about it, here we will gladly help you! This community is awesome (and sometimes full of pedantries but still awesome?). Post more if you still need more help!

Interesting that a Bios update could prevent a drive from being detected. Good work Seagate!

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD