Gigabyte RTX2070 60hz max refresh rate?

coachconlcave

I notice on the specs of the Gigabyte GV-N2070GAMING OC-8GC card that the Max refresh rate is 60HZ while a similiar priced EVGA XC is rated at 240Hz.  

Thoughts?  Should I get the the EVGA card instead?  Does the max refresh rate matter?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, coachconlcave said:

I notice on the specs of the Gigabyte GV-N2070GAMING OC-8GC card that the Max refresh rate is 60HZ while a similiar priced EVGA XC is rated at 240Hz.  

Thoughts?  Should I get the the EVGA card instead?  Does the max refresh rate matter?

Thanks!

no that wont matter the card is not capped at 60 the rtx 2070 can go to any frame rate is has the power to do

1) I dont think I have ever even seen a GPU with a Hz spec 

2) this spec doesn't matter on a GPU most of the time anyway unless you want 8k @ 144Hz and need extra bandwidth or whatever, other wise ignore it. 

3) GPUs can output a signal pretty much at any Hz you want as long as your monitor will do it. 

bottom line -this spec is irrelevant and the seller is just throwing in filler to pad the specs (its not even good filler)

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

9 minutes ago, coachconlcave said:

Refresh rate is dependent on the connector which determines the bandwidth. After that, you have to pick and choose between resolution and refresh rate, as the higher one is, the lower the other has to be. A connector capable of handling 4K 60Hz can do 1080p 240Hz because they use the same amount of bandwidth.