XPS 13 Vs surface laptop 2

Mad153
1 hour ago, Mad153 said:

I don't really care. The f you want a number, 1.8 kg then

Weight really isn't just a straight up light or heavy. Weight is actually a perception of what a user considers light or heavy. That's why he/she was asking you about an actual numeric value in terms of weight. I went from 2.6 kg laptop (I thought it was pretty light) to a 1.6 kg laptop. I swore the new one was as light as a feather, but it was just because the old one was so heavy.

The surface laptop 2 is definitely a good laptop and I would definitely recommend using it for usage in a classroom. I borrowed a friends one time and I loved it for taking notes during lectures.

1 hour ago, YoFavRussian said:

Weight really isn't just a straight up light or heavy. Weight is actually a perception of what a user considers light or heavy. That's why he/she was asking you about an actual numeric value in terms of weight. I went from 2.6 kg laptop (I thought it was pretty light) to a 1.6 kg laptop. I swore the new one was as light as a feather, but it was just because the old one was so heavy.

The surface laptop 2 is definitely a good laptop and I would definitely recommend using it for usage in a classroom. I borrowed a friends one time and I loved it for taking notes during lectures.

The thing is, I love it.

But the fabric they use does not seem durable at all. I am worried that for £1,000, it's going to look bad after a year.

The XPS is very resistant to marks, but has a worse screen and no touch input. But if it will last for many years, maybebe that works out better.

I am sure my current laptop weighs at least 2.5 kg.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

Actually you have a lot of options to choose from. However, if I were you, I would go for premium business laptops due to better QC+QA and support. You might get student discount too

Lenovo Thinkpad T480s (low sRGB IPS, optional WQHD), X380 Yoga, X280 FHD IPS (low sRGB IPS)

Dell Latitude 7390 / 7490

HP Elitebook 830 / 840 G5 with SureView, or 745 (Ryzen) / 830 / 840 / 850 G5 with low sRGB IPS

Mind low sRGB display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Mind low sRGB display?

Thanks so much for you help.

Yes, I do mind. I want ideally more than 1080p Res and at least 85% srgb

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

On 2/6/2019 at 11:39 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Actually you have a lot of options to choose from. However, if I were you, I would go for premium business laptops due to better QC+QA and support. You might get student discount too

Lenovo Thinkpad T480s (low sRGB IPS, optional WQHD), X380 Yoga, X280 FHD IPS (low sRGB IPS)

Dell Latitude 7390 / 7490

HP Elitebook 830 / 840 G5 with SureView, or 745 (Ryzen) / 830 / 840 / 850 G5 with low sRGB IPS

Mind low sRGB display?

Yes, Latitude is a good laptop, my Latitude 7440 is currently my daily and it's been a very good laptop.

I'm using the surface laptop2 right now. It feels great in basically every way. Robust build quality, excellent touch screen, great keyboard and weight only 1.2kg. But the main drawback is the IO, which I feel the word "suck" is the right way of describing it. If you are the person needs tons of IO for your other kinds of stuff, I suggest you go for XPS instead.