Any Suggestions?

ZCool99

I have just completed this build and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on what I did good and what I could have done better. 

Whats your end goal?

You can easily get a 1060 6gb or 580 8gb in there for that budget

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I do want a half decent workstation and gaming rig. Those prices aren't right it costs $1004.56 which is exactly at my budget.

2 minutes ago, ZCool99 said:

I do want a half decent workstation and gaming rig. Those prices aren't right it costs $1004.56 which is exactly at my budget.

@Slottr isn't going to see that you replied to him. You have to quote someone to make sure they get a notification. Quote someone by clicking the arrow in the comment box. It's circled int he picture I uploaded.

quote.jpeg

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, mxk. said:

@Slottr isn't going to see that you replied to him. You have to quote someone to make sure they get a notification. Quote someone by clicking the arrow in the comment box. It's circled int he picture I uploaded.

quote.jpeg

Ok, thanks for the advice.

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Whats your end goal?

You can easily get a 1060 6gb or 580 8gb in there for that budget

1) RAM is too slow for Ryzen. Ryzen depends on fast RAM to perform better. You should have gotten 3000mhz RAM

2) You really cheaped out on the motherboard for a 2700x...

3) Why the hell did you buy a 1050Ti? The RX 570 destroys the 1050Ti, and you have fresh bottleneck with the 1050Ti and 2700x

You should have come to the forums for opinions before you built.. Too late, though.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

1) RAM is too slow for Ryzen. Ryzen depends on fast RAM to perform better. You should have gotten 3000mhz RAM

2) You really cheaped out on the motherboard for a 2700x...

3) Why the hell did you buy a 1050Ti? The RX 570 destroys the 1050Ti, and you have fresh bottleneck with the 1050Ti and 2700x

You should have come to the forums for opinions before you built.. Too late, though.

I still have room to upgrade though. With my B-Day around the corner, I will get some money, and the parts are only lightly used, so resell value is still pretty good. So I could still do some upgrading. Would you recommend the RAM or Graphics upgrade first? and could I use some faster RAM alongside the RAM I currently have, or would that be inadvisable?

1 minute ago, ZCool99 said:

I still have room to upgrade though. With my B-Day around the corner, I will get some money, and the parts are only lightly used, so resell value is still pretty good. So I could still do some upgrading. Would you recommend the RAM or Graphics upgrade first? and could I use some faster RAM alongside the RAM I currently have, or would that be inadvisable?

You can't use the faster RAM with the RAM you have, because the motherboard will downclock the faster RAM to match the speed of the slower RAM for stability.

What resolution are you playing at? What other games are you playing? You'll notice more of a performance jump in games that are more dependent on the GPU if you get a new GPU, but the slow RAM could be an issue.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

You can't use the faster RAM with the RAM you have, because the motherboard will downclock the faster RAM to match the speed of the slower RAM for stability.

What resolution are you playing at? What other games are you playing? You'll notice more of a performance jump in games that are more dependent on the GPU if you get a new GPU, but the slow RAM could be an issue.

I run at 1080p high settings in CS:GO at ~75 fps, high-epic settings in Fortnite at ~100-120 fps, and Forza Horizon 4 at high at ~75 fps. I'm also getting PUBG and Rainbow 6 Seige. I also Overclocked the RAM to 2666 Mhz

7 minutes ago, mxk. said:

quote.jpeg

Thanks for making me the model... ?

7 minutes ago, ZCool99 said:

All is good, but the GPU is holding you up.

I can no longer recommend the 1050ti as a budget card when RX580 sold for the same price.

On the used market it is even cheaper, you can get one for around $120.

Even the 4gb version will be twice faster than 1050ti.

image.png.7ebbc63baf6b6a3abf4aff52810d7402.png

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Thanks for making me the model... ?

All is good, but the GPU is holding you up.

I can no longer recommend the 1050ti as a budget card when RX580 sold for the same price.

On the used market it is even cheaper, you can get one for around $120.

Even the 4gb version will be twice faster than 1050ti.

image.png.7ebbc63baf6b6a3abf4aff52810d7402.png

I found a used 1070 for $209.99. Would it be worth it or was it probably used for mining? I will try and find the link again.

All of those cheap card are probably used for mining. That's why its so cheap.

But don't worry mining cards are not that bad. It's better than an overclocked cards.

1070 under $200 is a good deal.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

11 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

All of those cheap card are probably used for mining. That's why its so cheap.

But don't worry mining cards are not that bad. It's better than an overclocked cards.

1070 under $200 is a good deal.

I might take my chances with that 1070 or I might go with the RX 580. What do you think the resell value of a 1 month used 1050 ti?

10-30% off.

14 hours ago, ZCool99 said:

I have just completed this build and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on what I did good and what I could have done better. 

Are u gonna overclock the cpu? if not stock cooler is enough.Give the money instead for a better graphic card.And for the Ram u can go something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNprxr/gskill-aegis-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f43000c16d16gisb  8 gb is not enough for ryzen.

4 hours ago, step40 said:

Are u gonna overclock the cpu? if not stock cooler is enough.Give the money instead for a better graphic card.And for the Ram u can go something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNprxr/gskill-aegis-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-f43000c16d16gisb  8 gb is not enough for ryzen.

I haven't had any problems with the amount of RAM, only the speed. And I have overclocked it by 300 MHz to 4.0 GHz and the temps are fine. The AMD Wraith Prism is amazing for a stock cooler