GTX 1080 TI Not working

So to make a long story short, I RMA my card already and got it back not working. The reason why I RMA my card was because whenever I go into games my screen will glitch out and go black and sometimes come back on depending on what's happening on screen at the time. I have a i7 8700k Asus ROG Strix-H Mobo. Everything is running Stock. I have a Geforce GTX 1080ti gigabyte Gaming OC Black 11G Gigabyte stated they couldn't find anything wrong with the card and sent it back. I filled out their paper work showing what I had for my system and explain my issue. My card works just find when turning on the computer and just using google. But when I get into games My Screen will just go black randomly and sometimes my computer will just Reset for no reason. I tested old drivers and New drivers I put the card in a completely different computer and still the same thing. I have no where else to turn to and I am seeking some help.  

Power supply issue.

When you load up games the GPU fires up, sucks up a ton of power, and then shuts down because the power supply can't handle it. Sometimes even the whole computer shuts down.

To test this, turn the power limit WAY down on the card in afterburner, then try to game. 

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

Power supply issue.

When you load up games the GPU fires up, sucks up a ton of power, and then shuts down because the power supply can't handle it. Sometimes even the whole computer shuts down.

To test this, turn the power limit WAY down on the card in afterburner, then try to game. 

I have an EVGA G1 750Watt 80+ Gold but I'll try it out. 

4 minutes ago, FroggyXD said:

I have an EVGA G1 750Watt 80+ Gold but I'll try it out. 

Hm, interesting. I'm running a 1080 ti on a 750 as well and it works perfectly well. Could be a defective power supply. Try different PCIe slots. Make sure you have two SEPARATE 8 pin connections going from the PSU to the GPU. Or in the case of EVGA power supplies, use the GPU cable that has two sets of wires going from the PSU to the GPU.

Try stressing it in other ways. Run a GPU bench-marking program, see what happens. 

Just now, corrado33 said:

Hm, interesting. I'm running a 1080 ti on a 750 as well and it works perfectly well. Could be a defective power supply. Try different PCIe slots. Make sure you have two SEPARATE 8 pin connections going from the PSU to the GPU. Or in the case of EVGA power supplies, use the GPU cable that has two sets of wires going from the PSU to the GPU.

I have tried different slots but I also tried a different computer all together. the other computer has a 650watt CXM Corsair so completely different all around 

1 minute ago, FroggyXD said:

I have tried different slots but I also tried a different computer all together. the other computer has a 650watt CXM Corsair so completely different all around 

I'm assuming it didn't work on the other computer as well?

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

I'm assuming it didn't work on the other computer as well?

It didn't work on the other computer as well. I also just tested lowering the power limit and did stop it from going black right away but as playing the game it will go black again. I also tested lowering the frames in cs:go to 150 and never had an issue but when I maxed the frames out it black screen/ But when I had the power limited lowered my computer reset again while I was trying to exit the game. 

4 minutes ago, FroggyXD said:

It didn't work on the other computer as well. I also just tested lowering the power limit and did stop it from going black right away but as playing the game it will go black again. I also tested lowering the frames in cs:go to 150 and never had an issue but when I maxed the frames out it black screen/ But when I had the power limited lowered my computer reset again while I was trying to exit the game. 

Yeah I'm stumped. It still seems to be power related. It's possible the 650W wasn't enough to max out the card, and that's why it didn't work. Sorry, I'm out of ideas. :(

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Yeah I'm stumped. It still seems to be power related. It's possible the 650W wasn't enough to max out the card, and that's why it didn't work. Sorry, I'm out of ideas. :(

its just odd honestly and I am hoping Gigabyte will take another look at it and actually fix the issue. if not, I am just going to have to figure out how to repair it myself or find a shop who can.

Just now, FroggyXD said:

its just odd honestly and I am hoping Gigabyte will take another look at it and actually fix the issue. if not, I am just going to have to figure out how to repair it myself or find a shop who can.

I'd call gigabyte and try to talk to an actual person, and explain your problem. "It works fine for normal desktop applications, but fails as soon as the card is stressed."

6 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I'd call gigabyte and try to talk to an actual person, and explain your problem. "It works fine for normal desktop applications, but fails as soon as the card is stressed."

Thanks for the help I am really great full  

Thanks for the help I am really great full  

Sorry I couldn't help more! Maybe someone else will chime in. 

45 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Sorry I couldn't help more! Maybe someone else will chime in. 

I was thinking, he said it didn't work in the other PC, but maybe that PC has driver issues just like the first one. It's a little out there, but completely possible. When I was on W7 and would launch EVGA XOC for my 1070Ti, the drivers would crash. I believe it was related to my brother having the old drivers for my CPU's integrated display drivers and W7 issues.

@FroggyXD, use "DDU" or "Display Driver Uninstaller". It's a tool that completely wipes out the drivers you choose and does the cleanest wipe. I know you said you already did a clean wipe, but sometimes doing it through the nvidia thingy or windows doesn't do it the best way. Just follow all of the instructions on the website to make sure you're doing it correctly.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I was thinking, he said it didn't work in the other PC, but maybe that PC has driver issues just like the first one. It's a little out there, but completely possible. When I was on W7 and would launch EVGA XOC for my 1070Ti, the drivers would crash. I believe it was related to my brother having the old drivers for my CPU's integrated display drivers and W7 issues.

@FroggyXD, use "DDU" or "Display Driver Uninstaller". It's a tool that completely wipes out the drivers you choose and does the cleanest wipe. I know you said you already did a clean wipe, but sometimes doing it through the nvidia thingy or windows doesn't do it the best way. Just follow all of the instructions on the website to make sure you're doing it correctly.

I would have used DDU but I completely wiped my computer before getting the card back just for this and it still did the same thing

I would have used DDU but I completely wiped my computer before getting the card back just for this and it still did the same thing

Oh, damn. It's the card then... I'm stumped, too. Definitely get a hold of Gigabyte when you have the chance. Sorry that you got a lemon of a card, that really sucks.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Oh, damn. It's the card then... I'm stumped, too. Definitely get a hold of Gigabyte when you have the chance. Sorry that you got a lemon of a card, that really sucks.

Thanks for the help anyways. It really does suck 

Update: I Called Gigabyte very unhappy about what was being done about my card. And Sure enough, I spoke with technical support and then spoke with customer service and was created a new RMA with a pre paid shipping label and instead of having to wait for repairs. They decided to replace the card with a new one. I just wanna thank everyone that tried to help me out the best that they could. 

i just wanted to touch on this as i had a 1080 Ti with a 750 watt PSU and it worked fine and im running a 2080 Ti fine with the same PSU so i doubt its psu related unless the psu is failing

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz