What colour to get?

Snifferdog3

I'm thinking of getting a PS4 controller V2. Not because I have a PS4 but because I want it for pc. What colour should I get? I really like the white but apparently it gets dirty and goes yellow? Blue is another fav. What do you guys think?

12 minutes ago, VK707 said:

i would say whatever fits your peripherals / color scheme for the tower / lighting etc.

Do they make a RGB colour variant? ??? That would be something.... Yes my tower has a rainbow effect fans and my keyboard goes between 3 colours... Not sure really... light Blue is my favourite colour but this is normal blue... I like them all that's the problem!!! ?

Anyone know if the white one actually does go yellow? Don't want to pay £50 for something that will turn  horrible yellow..

2 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Do they make a RGB colour variant? ??? That would be something.... Yes my tower has a rainbow effect fans and my keyboard goes between 3 colours... Not sure really... light Blue is my favourite colour but this is normal blue... I like them all that's the problem!!! ?

If you're getting a PS4 controller for the PC, using DS4PC will let you manipulate the PS Move LED to be whatever color you want.

5 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

I'm thinking of getting a PS4 controller V2. Not because I have a PS4 but because I want it for pc. What colour should I get? I really like the white but apparently it gets dirty and goes yellow? Blue is another fav. What do you guys think?

The Color of the Gamepad is up to your liking.

We can't tell YOU what YOU LIKE. That's up to you.

I personally went for white for my second DS4 when it was on sale for 39,99 in "days of play" sale...

2 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If you're getting a PS4 controller for the PC, using DS4PC will let you manipulate the PS Move LED to be whatever color you want.

You don't even need that for Steam Games.

Steam has Support for all major Controllers...

You can use XBox and even Switch PRO Controller out of the box...

Though I'd still recommend DS4 Windows because the Battery Charge thingy...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Anyone know if the white one actually does go yellow? Don't want to pay £50 for something that will turn  horrible yellow..

5 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Do they make a RGB colour variant?

The LED inside the controller is actually RGB...

So you can set it to a light red for example. Or whatever you feel like it.

One thing that I don't like about the Steam Controller support is the non existant battery notifaction And I don't want to try it either.

And for good Battery lifetime, its best to keep it above ~20% Load and maybe under 80%....

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

The Color of the Gamepad is up to your liking.

We can't tell YOU what YOU LIKE. That's up to you.

Yes I get that. Don't think I worded quite right. I want to get the white one but I'm concerned it will go yellow over time. 

Ive gone and brought the white one now anyway. Thanks for the help and the tips on changing the led light :D

19 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And for good Battery lifetime, its best to keep it above ~20% Load and maybe under 80%....

so i got the DS4 program, its works great, i can change the colours, but you say not to charge it over 80%, but when plugged in it charges up to 100%. anyway to stop it charging when plugged into the pc? my pc doesnt have bluetooth so i have to use a wired connection.

so i got the DS4 program, its works great, i can change the colours, but you say not to charge it over 80%,

No, just that its better.

Its more important to not let the battery discharge completely, that is the thing you have to be careful about!

Even if you charge it to 100%, its not a Problem.

If you let it discharge to 0% or wherever the cutoff is, that is.

Also: If you plan to store the Controller, discharge it a bit to around half capacity or so...

but when plugged in it charges up to 100%. anyway to stop it charging when plugged into the pc? my pc doesnt have bluetooth so i have to use a wired connection.

Why don't you just get a BT Stick then?

They are like 5€ or so and you can use the Controller wirelessly...

Another option might be to get the controller, void the warranty and disconnect the Battery internally (you need to remove 4 Screws with a Philipps 0 or 00 and carefully open the case and then disconnect the Battery internally)....

19 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, just that its better.

Its more important to not let the battery discharge completely, that is the thing you have to be careful about!

Even if you charge it to 100%, its not a Problem.

If you let it discharge to 0% or wherever the cutoff is, that is.

Really? would have thought they would have put something in there to stop it from compleatly discharging, like phones..... so if it goes to 0% thats it? end of? wow...... edit: missread it, thought you said it dies when it goes to 0% and then your controller is broke. lol.

Why don't you just get a BT Stick then?

They are like 5€ or so and you can use the Controller wirelessly...

that might be a good idea! ill have a look on amazon or something! thanks!

3 hours ago, Snifferdog3 said:

Really? would have thought they would have put something in there to stop it from compleatly discharging, like phones..... so if it goes to 0% thats it? end of? wow...... edit: missread it, thought you said it dies when it goes to 0% and then your controller is broke. lol.

If it goes to 0%, there's an unknown period of time when it's still good to when it really kicks the bucket. I've had things basically dead for an unknown period of time that still took a charge and worked fine afterwards once it got back up to 100%.

And while it's not ideal to keep it at 100%, I really don't think it's a big enough deal to worry about it.

On 2/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, Snifferdog3 said:

I don't think new light coloured plastics yellow any more? Up to the early 2000's definitely a thing, but not now? My old XBOX 360 controller was white and that didn't go yellow. Though storing it out of direct sunlight would be a sensible precaution.