Monthly forum stats

Arika

This is something we do at work, though unlike here, we have someone paid to put it together. So I'm only suggesting this on the proviso that it can be mostly automated. 

It would be interesting to gave a topic that has a new post at the start of each month with the previous months stats. 

Things like

• Number of new members
  • Number of new floatplane subscribers
  • Number of new topics
  • Most popular subforum/thread
  • F@H milestones for the LTT team
  • How many GB worth of files that have been uploaded for the month

I feel like this would give people a good idea of the amount of traffic this forum gets because I think it's taken for granted just how much efforts goes into running this place. 

Again, I'm not sure how much of this is easily available on the backend of the forum, but thing it would be very interesting to know. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

F@H milestones for the LTT team

This one is an easy stat to get since it can be found on this website:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

I believe some of the users that hosted the Folding month used this website to calculate user performance for the event. And I think they eventually automated the process.

4 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

This one is an easy stat to get since it can be found on this website:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

I believe some of the users that hosted the Folding month used this website to calculate user performance for the event. And I think they eventually automated the process.

Yep - a combination of that and a couple scripts (Although the official script only tracked people who signed up on the google form while mine did everybody).

At one time, we were able to track online users, but that was removed from the forum because it wasn't used by many and was resource intensive from what I heard. I believe the other forms of user-tracking would probably be more intensive than they'd want.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Maybe also a LTT harware survey, to see what hardware people use and is popular.

10 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Maybe also a LTT harware survey, to see what hardware people use and is popular.

Already kinda happened (Although one officially supported by LTT would be very useful). I took one and have gotten around 10,200 points of data; however,it's a bit outdated now and  I can't really share them because I'd like to leave the results anonymous.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Imbellis said:

Already kinda happened (Although one officially supported by LTT would be very useful). I took one and have gotten around 10,200 points of data; however,it's a bit outdated now and  I can't really share them because I'd like to leave the results anonymous.

Could you compile the results?

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

Could you compile the results?

Many questions were "fill-in-the-blank", so I'd have to go through manually.

People entered in stuff like "HyperX 4x8GB DDR3 RAM" under RAM while others entered in "16GB". The variety of detail makes it hard to analyze it without bias.

Just now, Imbellis said:

Many questions were "fill-in-the-blank", so I'd have to go through manually.

People entered in stuff like "HyperX 4x8GB DDR3 RAM" under RAM while others entered in "16GB". The variety of detail makes it hard to analyze it without bias.

:(

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

Again, I'm not sure how much of this is easily available on the backend of the forum

the forum software that they use (Invision Community) does this automatically, all they have to do is release the data.

as cool as it would be, it's designed for the hoster (LTT) to see how well the forums have been doing and what they need to improve on to ensure that users want to continue using it.

but i'm not an admin but i can guess that this might volatile some privacy things and crap...

let me get an admin to comment on this.

yo @colonel_mortis whats your take on this?

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N