Bottleneck

Go to solution Solved by AboveBrakes (ivan),

bottleneck is a term we use when, components can't handle the speed of a other compent. for example RAM (memory) can also have a bottleneck is  certain games, when a game needs to load some files quick they get put in the RAM but if you don't have enough of it to run the game on max settings the game will sometimes crash  or the game will have sudden frame drops.The CPU then needs the files but they aren't in the RAM, They will need to come of the SSD or the much slower HDD, then the game will have textures that aren't loading or bits of a map that doesn't load. So yeah RAM can also bottleneck  unknown.png?width=720&height=405

so this is a picture of me, this i ram bottleneck

another example:

unknown.png

Hello,  guys i am a bit confused about the term "bottleneck". I mean i understand the meaning of it and the general concept but don't get it when people say that hard-drive is the bottleneck here or ram is. Can you guy's please explain that how many types of bottlenecks are there. Anything apart from CPU and GPU can also be a bottleneck?

Not EVERYTHING but a lot of things CAN be it entirely depends on your task and config - i mean your Case Fan wont be unless Cooling is what keeps your System from running as it should (and depending on how you wanna define a "bottleneck").

The usual Culprits are the CPU, GPU, RAM and possibly HDD/SSD it does however entirely depend on Software and/or OS and what ressources those need.

If all else runs at 100% capacity the software itself and its implementation COULD be considered a "Bottleneck"

TLDR: Its a bit of a Boogie Man - dont worry so much about it i guess - Just build a reasonable config - no RTX Titan paired with Intel Atom CPU and you should be fine.

bottleneck is a term we use when, components can't handle the speed of a other compent. for example RAM (memory) can also have a bottleneck is  certain games, when a game needs to load some files quick they get put in the RAM but if you don't have enough of it to run the game on max settings the game will sometimes crash  or the game will have sudden frame drops.The CPU then needs the files but they aren't in the RAM, They will need to come of the SSD or the much slower HDD, then the game will have textures that aren't loading or bits of a map that doesn't load. So yeah RAM can also bottleneck  unknown.png?width=720&height=405

so this is a picture of me, this i ram bottleneck

another example:

unknown.png

intel core i5 7500 | nividia gtx 1070ti | mobo: msi b250 PC mate | RAM: corsair vengence 8gb DDR4 2400mhz | SSD: samsung 850 evo 250gb | HHD: western digital 1TB 7200 rpm |CPU cooler: MSI core Frozr L | case: corsair spec 03 | 

no worries, if you have any qeustions feel free to ask

intel core i5 7500 | nividia gtx 1070ti | mobo: msi b250 PC mate | RAM: corsair vengence 8gb DDR4 2400mhz | SSD: samsung 850 evo 250gb | HHD: western digital 1TB 7200 rpm |CPU cooler: MSI core Frozr L | case: corsair spec 03 |