How about you guys impression of A51m

To the design though,this wave alienware is prettty awesome,but to the price though,i rather to build a itx case.....

QQ截图20190201120010.png

QQ截图20190201121442.png

yeah, my alienware is fine, even though its a bit heavy, an over clocked 1070 is good enough, 

i feel like its a more good concept though, like to be able to pack so much hardware in a laptop, i would never buy one though

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

7 hours ago, Tamesh16 said:

yeah, my alienware is fine, even though its a bit heavy, an over clocked 1070 is good enough, 

i feel like its a more good concept though, like to be able to pack so much hardware in a laptop, i would never buy one though

Well,but the design of alienware is pretty good and alternative hardware.Heavy is the one point,but also is the price,is too epensive for me?

Build it yourself is always going to be cheaper, Dell ask for that kind of money because they need to design product and run a company, and you got warranty to take care of you if things goes wrong.

Many people didn't consider the time they invested into learning and building a computer into the cost of a DIY system. But it all adds up, for those who don't want (or have time )to learn and build, that is the price to pay. Like you don't fix (or make) your own car.

(Chinese translation below, it's the same, so you don't have to google.)

自己組永遠都比直接買便宜,畢竟Dell 要設計,製造,還有日常公司營運開支。如果有什麽事還要保固。

很多人不把自己去組電腦的知識和時間計算為自己組電腦的成本,但對於不會(沒時間)的人來説,這就是多付的價値所在。正如一般人不會去修自己的車。

A laptop is still more portable

I would rather get Clevo P775/P870 TBH

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, GeneXiS_X said:

I'm honestly surprised this isnt a rebranded clevo again.

20 hours ago, Type 2501 said:

Build it yourself is always going to be cheaper, Dell ask for that kind of money because they need to design product and run a company, and you got warranty to take care of you if things goes wrong.

Many people didn't consider the time they invested into learning and building a computer into the cost of a DIY system. But it all adds up, for those who don't want (or have time )to learn and build, that is the price to pay. Like you don't fix (or make) your own car.

(Chinese translation below, it's the same, so you don't have to google.)

自己組永遠都比直接買便宜,畢竟Dell 要設計,製造,還有日常公司營運開支。如果有什麽事還要保固。

很多人不把自己去組電腦的知識和時間計算為自己組電腦的成本,但對於不會(沒時間)的人來説,這就是多付的價値所在。正如一般人不會去修自己的車。

Yeah,you guy`s idea is right,the laptop is more easy to carry out,but suriously,do you wanna take a iron around??

Could you  afford the weight of A51m??

13 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

I never had heared that the Clevo,do you have a link?

54 minutes ago, Spirit`yL said:

i  think its a taiwan based company, so its a bit hard to shop for 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

3 hours ago, Spirit`yL said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/802163-clevo-custom-laptops-and-world-clevo-resellers/

credits to @sicily428

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I’m pretty interested in this beast. I’m thinking of getting just the 9900k and rtx 2080. 

I’ll just upgrade memory and storage myself once i get it. Dells prices are pretty crazy on the upgrade front... 

Yes you can build a desktop cheaper! But my desktop days are over, i’ll get far more game time out of this laptop, so in my eyes it’ll be worth it. 

Also from the few sources i can gather it has stomped on the MSI titan range, which is £700-£1000 more expensive than my currently a51m build and my personal additions. 

Still need more reviews, benches and soild thermal test to come out from other sources. So not parting with my money just yet! 

27 minutes ago, trueblue1872 said:

I’m pretty interested in this beast. I’m thinking of getting just the 9900k and rtx 2080. 

I’ll just upgrade memory and storage myself once i get it. Dells prices are pretty crazy on the upgrade front... 

Yes you can build a desktop cheaper! But my desktop days are over, i’ll get far more game time out of this laptop, so in my eyes it’ll be worth it. 

Also from the few sources i can gather it has stomped on the MSI titan range, which is £700-£1000 more expensive than my currently a51m build and my personal additions. 

Still need more reviews, benches and soild thermal test to come out from other sources. So not parting with my money just yet! 

But this 2080 only have 6 gigs vram

I just wanna say:solid mans

1 hour ago, Spirit`yL said:

But this 2080 only have 6 gigs vram

I just wanna say:solid mans

Both the 2070 and 2080 come with 8 gigs of vram in the UK options.

2 hours ago, trueblue1872 said:

Both the 2070 and 2080 come with 8 gigs of vram in the UK options.

Why my China version is 6 gigs??

First Alienware Area-51M Temperature Test =

100C reached on the CPU during a Battlefield V gaming session

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Ultra Male said:

First Alienware Area-51M Temperature Test =

100C reached on the CPU during a Battlefield V gaming session

Hahaha,so ture,hahaha?

7 hours ago, Ultra Male said:

snip

That's why you need delid+LM

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

If i get one i will be stripping down and sorting the thermal paste. Video looks ok, just had a quick skim through it. 

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

That's why you need delid+LM

Yup I actually had one on order from HIDevolution with a Silicon Lottery Delidded 9900K rated @ 5.1 GHz along with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal pads but canceled my order once I knew that we will have the option of getting the 240hz screen in a few months so I didn't wanna have any buyer's remorse later on spending so much money, I'd rather do it once the way I want it and be done with it.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

Is there anything official about time frame for new screen options being added?

59 minutes ago, trueblue1872 said:

Is there anything official about time frame for new screen options being added?

Nothing official but according to the rumors, Dell may start offering them from June onwards. I know, it's a painful long wait. So tempting to get this right now nd maybe swap the screen later

I am just waiting til the 2nd half of February when HIDevolution has them in stock so I can contact them to ask how are the temps after they do their tweaking mods and if the clocks are holding and not throttling. I wouldn't get a stock one from Dell as their stock thermal paste and its application is utter rubbish.