Password Manager

TheRedFox

I know I've been putting this off far longer than I should have, so please don't rip me apart for not having different passwords for everything yet, but what is the best, preferably free, password manager that you have used? I am sure there is a guide somewhere that people have used before, so please point me to it if you know of one. 

7 minutes ago, TheRedFox said:

I know I've been putting this off far longer than I should have, so please don't rip me apart for not having different passwords for everything yet, but what is the best, preferably free, password manager that you have used? I am sure there is a guide somewhere that people have used before, so please point me to it if you know of one. 

I like Keepass, since you have all the files yourself and it's free (and open source). Though it is not the most user-friendly solution and I would still recommend at least remembering the passwords for your email address with which you can restore your passwords yourself, as well as the password for whichever cloud you would save the database file on. That being said, Keepass has good apps/programs for Windows, Linux and Android (don't know about MacOS and iOS) with support for stuff like the fingerprint reader on Android.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I am a fan of 1Password. They have great apps for IOS, Windows, and MacOS. Not sure about Android (dont have have one), but I am a fan. Logging into your passwords with thumbprint is super convenient.

26 minutes ago, martward said:

I like Keepass, since you have all the files yourself and it's free (and open source). Though it is not the most user-friendly solution and I would still recommend at least remembering the passwords for your email address with which you can restore your passwords yourself, as well as the password for whichever cloud you would save the database file on. That being said, Keepass has good apps/programs for Windows, Linux and Android (don't know about MacOS and iOS) with support for stuff like the fingerprint reader on Android.

I agree on Keepass, especially so because the password-database is always in my control and I decide where and how to store it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.