StoreMI not installing on new x470 MB

Chrismantle

I recently migrated my current build, from my old CoolerMaster Q300L to a NZXT H700i. Since i changed form a mATX to an ATX case, i decided to also upgrade to the Asus Crosshair VII wifi x470 MB. I´m running a AMD Ryzen 2600x in my system.

Since the upgrade, i haven´t been able to install StoreMI. I had StoreMI working on my old MB with the same CPU.

In short, when installing, i get the message: "The virtual Miniport driver is currently installed! StoreMI onlu supports the  AHCI driver. Click OK to remove the StoreMI Miniport driver, or cancel to aborth the installation."

Upon clicking on OK, i get the following error message: "ERROR [216]; AMD StoreMI is NOT authorized to run on server class CPUs. StoreMI install aborted."

I am a bit puzzled about the last message, because none of my hardware is server class, especially not my 2600x CPU. Have you ever encountered this before?

Here is the specs of my system:

AMD ryzen 2600x

Asus ROG Crosshair VII hero Wifi

Zotac Amp! RTX 2080

NZXT Kraken x62

Samsung Evo 970 256gb SSD
Crucial BX500 240GB

what do you need storemi for? you already have an SSD

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

10 hours ago, aezakmi said:

what do you need storemi for? you already have an SSD

Sorry, forgot to mention that i need it for accelleration of my Mechanical HDD

11 hours ago, Chrismantle said:

Sorry, forgot to mention that i need it for accelleration of my Mechanical HDD

have you reinstalled Windows or just used the same hard drive for the new hardware?

sounds like the old drivers are still installed and the program recognizes the old and new CPU (theory) and shows an error 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB