GTA 5 Only using 2 cores out of 8 when focused

Hi

On Sunday i noticed my GTA 5 game was only using 2 cores,

Since i was streaming, everything was stuttering, even my browser and discord.

It only happens when the game is in-focus, when not, it is fine. lol

The only thing i can remember i changed in any settings just before it happened (or atleast noticed it happening) are the texture and shader quality (from very high to high)

I have an i7-3770 and GTX1070 and my setup was doing great before this,

out of focus:image.png.c04209fbabd8d04b234d120c59dac239.png

In focus:image.png.89af9ee7c11755ff9fcf4078d01f4b8a.png

I already spend the whole sunday trying to fix this weird problem, I tried everything i found on google.. Anyone that can help? ty!!!

No one has any idea? still stuck on this. I noticed when i change affinity of GTA5 exe to not use first 2 cores, it actually gets better but they still hit 95% easily and still some system wide stuttering. Thanks! (so far i only have this problem with GTA 5 so i'm pretty sure it's a game 'bug'?)

Hey,

I already turned fullscreen opt. off in the gta5.exe settings but will try to disable it fully now.

About the game bar, i know this was the solution for most people but mine was (should have been) disabled all the time,

i tried to enable it and disable again but it won't show up when enabled. (using regedit bc windows is great)

Switching off full screen optimisations in Windows globally (had to regedit it once more, they removed the setting) actually worked, or so i thought..

So while testing i open streamlabs OBS and .. core 0 and 1 = 100% all other ~20% usage when in focus, normal behaviour when out of focus or minimized.

Changing encoder gives same result, i can see streamlabs only uses ~10% and GTA ~38% utilization on the processor,

no noticeble difference on the processor utilization when in-focus, just the 2 first cores (can be another one too tho) hit 100% and everything stutters.

Thank you for helping me !

Edited by VanHeist

Yup all are latest dr... oh nvidia released an update last week ima try that now,

I use Cooler master G750M

So after doing all this it kinda became playable, but the issue persists, screens following:

Out focus:image.png.dd2d1c61d226a82da63da5683d832ba9.png

In focus: image.png.3fd11019c996ccbd28715b72b24dcd17.png

As you can see here now it is Core 0 and 4 that seem to get overloaded. It doesnt make any sense to me

PS: When i open youtube and play a video, or even just music in nightbot or something else when in-focus it will stutter like crazy, because those 2 cores will hit 100% i guess. All of this worked before sunday-ish.. I guess i need to reinstall windows but i rather don't :/

Edited by VanHeist

In Task Manager, under details for the exe (right click), what cores does 'Set Affinity' display?

On 1/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, VanHeist said:

I noticed when i change affinity of GTA5 exe to not use first 2 cores, it actually gets better but they still hit 95% easily and still some system wide stuttering.

@TakinalisAll cores are enabled by default.

Hello just double checked affinity of GTA and streamlabs and all are enabled. Still GTA5 is the only game i have this problem with.

Yesterday i tested some more:

But first i tried to fully disable the game bar by changing registry like explained here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/53xbef/game_bar_is_still_there_after_removing_xbox_app/

This made the issue a bit better but still very noticable cpu load on 2 cores only, and stutters in streamlabs, etc..

test result:

With streamlabs Open and GTA5 in focus the problem is the worst, streamlabs stutters, game overlays stutter, etc.. 2 cores around 80-90 usage, other around 10-20.

With streamlabs Closed and GTA5 in focus i noticed when GTA 5 is LOADING its behaviour looks like it also uses 2 cores more then the other, but Barely noticable and no lag,

When going in game all cores are used equally, no issues at all. All cores around 35-isch.

When the game is out of focused/minimized in all scenarios All cores are used equally EVEN in the LOADING screen.

I really hope to fix this problem without having to try and reinstall windows for this lame problem only.

thanks!

I'm still stuck on this weird issue , can't get my head around it..