Making a Windows 10 image for medium scale deployment.

TheOnlyKirst

Hello, long time lurker here, figured I should finally create an acocunt for this question.

On the most recent 6 editors 1 CPU video, Linus uses the same Windows image for all PCs, with a bunch of pre installed programs.

My eyes started to water as I realized the solution to increase productivity and reduce the boredom of installing the same programs over and over again. I do have a batch file with all the programs I need that I run on my company's Windows machines after a clean OS installation, but having all of them already on the ISO?? Amazing!!

After some googling though, I got disappointed, as I'm not very command prompt savy and the "tutorials" I've found are a bit far from detailed. So I came to ask you guys for a how-to on Windows imaging. I have volume licensing, so those won't be a problem, I just need and ISO with the latest version of Windows (that I can download from VLSC) with my programs on it and that is not hardware bound, since I have quite a mix of machines in office.

Thanks in advance.

What you're after here is called sysprep and audit mode. You didn't mention how you would plan to deploy a customized image to your businesses machines but I have a sneaking suspicion that this entire 5 part guide will be beneficial to you and will net you a nicely customized ISO. Or you can simply skip to parts 4 and 5 which cover sysprep audit mode and capture. Anyway, a nicely customized install.wim file can be a wondrous thing so have fun! 

https://win10.guru/windows-10-unattended-install-media-part-1-basics/

8 hours ago, bfoos said:

What you're after here is called sysprep and audit mode. You didn't mention how you would plan to deploy a customized image to your businesses machines but I have a sneaking suspicion that this entire 5 part guide will be beneficial to you and will net you a nicely customized ISO. Or you can simply skip to parts 4 and 5 which cover sysprep audit mode and capture. Anyway, a nicely customized install.wim file can be a wondrous thing so have fun! 

https://win10.guru/windows-10-unattended-install-media-part-1-basics/

This is GREAT!! I have only one question remaining, does this work for programas multi-step installation? My company uses an ERP that requires a certain order of installation for it to properly work.