Edward Snowden Joins Freedom of the Press Foundation's Board of Directors

SrN95

While his precise whereabouts are still unknown, it seems Edward Snowden is still active in his pursuit for a more transparent government. He will officially join the Freedom of the Press Foundation next month. 

This specific organization is "dedicated to helping support and defend public-interest journalism focused on exposing mismanagement, corruption, and law-breaking in government." Essentially they accept donations and crowd fund in order to support other organizations trying to expose government corruption. 

Articlehttps://pressfreedomfoundation.org/blog/2014/01/edward-snowden-join-daniel-ellsberg-others-freedom-press-foundations-board-directors

Another director on this board is Daniel Ellsberg, who leaked over 7,000 top secret papers on the Vietnam War, otherwise known as the Pentagon Papers leak. He is currently doing a reddit AMA which can be found here.

Edward is a hero in my book, as well as this foundation.

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

... Traitors get rewarded??? People really are stupid sometimes.

Hero.  If whistleblowing protections actually worked we wouldn't be here.  Your government should fix that.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

i dont think he is a traitor, a whistle-blower is different and he has a definite right to come back to America and not face any charges regardless of the information that he spread out. in our laws whistle-blowers have a right to protection from the federal government.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Yes, being a whistle-blower = traitor.

What he did was for the benefit of everyone.

A traitor in the position he was in could have done a lot worse to the US national security that what he did. He simply revealed what the government was doing to their own people...Being located in the US and on a tech forum, I would have though you'd be grateful towards someone like Edward Snowden

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

Actually it depends.

If Snowden was in on the illegal activity within the NSA and the exposed everything, he is a so-called "traitor".

But if he wasn't in on it and just exposed them, he is a whistle-blower.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Actually it depends.

If Snowden was in on the illegal activity within the NSA and the exposed everything, he is a so-called "traitor".

But if he wasn't in on it and just exposed them, he is a whistle-blower.

Semantics. Why does the technical definition matter?

i dont think he is a traitor, a whistle-blower is different and he has a definite right to come back to America and not face any charges regardless of the information that he spread out. in our laws whistle-blowers have a right to protection from the federal government.

Yes, being a whistle-blower = traitor.

What he did was for the benefit of everyone.

A traitor in the position he was in could have done a lot worse to the US national security that what he did. He simply revealed what the government was doing to their own people...Being located in the US and on a tech forum, I would have though you'd be grateful towards someone like Edward Snowden

Lets see, lets just pick one of the many things he did. Do you guys REALLY think its okay to give information about operations against Terrorist States and/or Enemies of the United States to the World? SMH, people, you need to grow up. Snowden isn't some hero on a white horse. But hey, you're a bunch playing armchair with the security of the United States. What more can be expected of you.

Lets see, lets just pick one of the many things he did. Do you guys REALLY think its okay to give information about operations against Terrorist States and/or Enemies of the United States to the World? SMH, people, you need to grow up. Snowden isn't some hero on a white horse. But hey, you're a bunch playing armchair with the security of the United States. What more can be expected of you.

Ah, you're one of those people.

Please, go back to the cave you came from. 

for all ive heard there hasent been any benefit to Anti-Terrorism measures that the NSA was created for.

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I'm not from the USA he's betrayed nothing on my end.  Perhaps he's not a hero.  It still takes a lot of courage to do what he did.  Again, if t he whistleblowing laws worked we wouldn't be here.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Ah, you're one of those people.

Please, go back to the cave you came from. 

Cave, please son. By one of those people, I assume you are referring to the fact that I used to wear the Uniform and was an Analyst? Or are you referring to the fact that you gotta tell me to get back in a cave because you have no comeback to the fact that Snowden actually is a traitor? 

for all ive heard there hasent been any benefit to Anti-Terrorism measures that the NSA was created for.

Errr, wrong. 9 in the US, and plenty more abroad. But hey, that don't count right?

I'm not from the USA he's betrayed nothing on my end.  Perhaps he's not a hero.  It still takes a lot of courage to do what he did.  Again, if t he whistleblowing laws worked we wouldn't be here.

You mean because Snowden didn't follow any protocols there were to become a whistleblower? Whoops, that is RIGHT people, instead of following a path to lead to a whistleblower he chose to play Judge Jury and Executioner to classified information he has really no understanding of.

I believe he is a possible traitor and should be held accountable, but it's not like he released information on undercover CIA agents or what our nuclear launch codes are.

What's funny is the rumor that the NSA wanted to grant him amnesty for returning because he took more information than they first thought. That is a good sign and seems to be what he's fighting for, the government fearing the people.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Cave, please son. By one of those people, I assume you are referring to the fact that I used to wear the Uniform and was an Analyst? Or are you referring to the fact that you gotta tell me to get back in a cave because you have no comeback to the fact that Snowden actually is a traitor? 

That doesn't make any sense.

Now you're just rambling you fucking lunatic.

Rambling? How does asking if you meant one of those people who wore the Uniform and was an Analyst or are you saying it because you can't admit that he is a traitor by doing those things and gotta try and insult equate to rambling? I think it is you that has a comprehension problem, not I. I was pretty clear I feel.

I believe he is a possible traitor and should be held accountable, but it's not like he released information on undercover CIA agents or what our nuclear launch codes are.

What's funny is the rumor that the NSA wanted to grant him amnesty for returning because he took more information than they first thought. That is a good sign and seems to be what he's fighting for, the government fearing the people.

You're right in a sense, but its not that black and white. See, when you reveal classified information there are other factors at play. Its not just about our Agents or Launch Codes. Say for instance that since Snowden revealed information, people we were tracking that were planning an attack on US Soil using a dirty bomb decided to go dark. Not stop, mind you, but switching methods of communicating. We just lost our eye into this operation against us. See, we'd be watching and waiting for the right moment to grab them, so we can find out how they plan to get in the Country, whom they contacted in the US, who brokered what deal, etc. But since they switched methods of communicating we don't know much of anything anymore.

Likewise, giving information on how we are inserting ourselves into systems of our enemies makes them look into the systems. If they rip out that code or tech, then we lose the intel we WERE gathering, and if we had operatives plant that stuff there well, you can imagine what might happen to them.

Then you have other operations that have to be shut down for fear they could get leaked. God forbid he grabbed any names, because that is a whole other can of worms that would make me want to us any means to get them back (*personal not professional opinion).

People tend to think in literal sense, but not the big picture.

Have to agree with you there.

You mean U.S "inserting" themselves into various countries?

Like how the spied on Scandinavia and various other countries and regions. I can understand people wanting to prepare themselves, but last time I checked spying is illegal in any form. 

The thing is that U.S. brings more harm than peace. By trying to be world police. Not to mention that the government fails to follow the laws set by the country itself.

Constantly wanting some sort of big-brother set is not going to help anyone.

Well that is just what I think. Anyway I am going to leave this topic and never RETURN! :D

P.S I liked how you brought out that you wear a uniform and are an analyst...

Basically: I am a -insert some form of authority or deep knowledge of the subject job- and suddenly my opinion is better than yours and is right!

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Rambling? How does asking if you meant one of those people who wore the Uniform and was an Analyst or are you saying it because you can't admit that he is a traitor by doing those things and gotta try and insult equate to rambling? I think it is you that has a comprehension problem, not I. I was pretty clear I feel.

Because what does you being analyst have to do with anything? And what Uniform?

Because what does you being analyst have to do with anything? And what Uniform?

Wow, just wow. 

Please elaborate.

What does being an Analyst have to do with anything? Well, considering the topics, I'd say a lot wouldn't you? I mean, it means I understand things a LOT better then you. Oh that Uniform I was referring to would be the United States Air Force uniform.

At the same time the NSA could just . . . not break the law.  I really don't have an issue with illegal activities brought to light.  By pretty well any means.  It's very unfortunate other issues that could indeed deal with security have come out as well, but by and large I don't see an issue with most of the items.

What does being an Analyst have to do with anything? Well, considering the topics, I'd say a lot wouldn't you? I mean, it means I understand things a LOT better then you. Oh that Uniform I was referring to would be the United States Air Force uniform.

At the same time the NSA could just . . . not break the law.  I really don't have an issue with illegal activities brought to light.  By pretty well any means.  It's very unfortunate other issues that could indeed deal with security have come out as well, but by and large I don't see an issue with most of the items.

Can you elaborate what laws you think were broken?

I still don't follow. I'm unaware of what an analyst actually does, so there's that. And I see no relation between this topic and the air force.