Sound acting up after installing pcie wifi card

Psych Reaper

I just moved, and had to get a pcie wifi card, since I don't have access to a hard line at my new place. Ever since then, my sound through my headphones has been very wonky. For example, I got static sounds randomly, but they've seem to stop, the sound is extremely loud sometimes, but returns back to normal, youtube videos don't load and end up saying some kind of audio issue is causing it. Is my sound card on my mobo going out, or is it the usb headphones maybe? Or could the pcie wifi card have something to do with it? It worked perfectly fine before I moved. 

Edit: Also, when videos on youtube don't load, I can just unplug my headphones, and they'll load fine. 

I'm not real into audio stuff but I'm pretty sure USB audio devices don't use the on-board sound. I think the CPU sends the audio data straight to the USB.

1 minute ago, That_PC_Kid said:

I'm not real into audio stuff but I'm pretty sure USB audio devices don't use the on-board sound. I think the CPU sends the audio data straight to the USB.

Do you think my headphones might just be poopin out on me then?

2 minutes ago, Psych Reaper said:

Do you think my headphones might just be poopin out on me then?

To be sure try using them in a different device and see if you still have the issue.

7 hours ago, Psych Reaper said:

I just moved, and had to get a pcie wifi card, since I don't have access to a hard line at my new place. Ever since then, my sound through my headphones has been very wonky. For example, I got static sounds randomly, but they've seem to stop, the sound is extremely loud sometimes, but returns back to normal, youtube videos don't load and end up saying some kind of audio issue is causing it. Is my sound card on my mobo going out, or is it the usb headphones maybe? Or could the pcie wifi card have something to do with it? It worked perfectly fine before I moved. 

Edit: Also, when videos on youtube don't load, I can just unplug my headphones, and they'll load fine. 

try doing an internet speed test with some sort of streamed audio playing (a video on youtube etc.) and if its really loud then its probably interference. you can get small usb dacs on amazon for pretty cheap and this should solve your issue, here's one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-External-Adapter-Windows-AU-MMSA/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1548674625&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=usb+sound+card&psc=1

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)