Gaming on a budget/ Advice for shoping.

milanvipa

So guys, i have an issue, pretty rough one if i might add. I wanna build new PC for gaming and almost nothing else. My dillema is as follows : Should i build older platform but cheaper and honestly for myself much more affordable, or should build newer platform but kinda more expensive and a bit overkill for my kind of use . Build's are : 

Intel platform
Intel i5 4670k           100 eur

AsRock  z97 Extreme 4          90 eur 

2x8 gb  Kingston HyperX Savage 1600 mhz  70 eur 

XFX RX 580 8 gb             140 eur 

CM MasterLiquid 240    60 eur

Raidmax 1200ae   60 eur 

Samsung 860 evo 500gb    70 eur     

Total : 590 eur +/- 

AMD platform (newer one) :

Ryzen  5 1600x      130 eur 

Gigabyte Aorus Elite b450         90 eur

1x8 gb Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 mhz    100 eur

Asus Strix gtx1050ti 4gb    140 eur

NZXT Kraken x42     100 eur

Radimax 1200ae  60 eur

Samsugn 860 evo 500gb   70 eur.

Total :  690 eur +/-

I wanted to know what you guys think which one is better real use...no tests . BTW i am going to place whole thing in a desk with top side covered by glass...neat project but going to pull some cash of the budget for sure. 

Thanks in advance. 

First of all, don't go that psu. Just don't. 

Second, if you are on a budget don't get an aio. 

Third, try to get dual channel ram

Fourth, get a rx580 or a 1060 because pricing has come down. 

If your budget is around 600 € you can build a decent new pc or used. I would suggest used gpu and new platform like a b450 board plus ryzen 5 or even just 3 and upgrade it down the line. How much hight does your desk offer? There are decent low profile air coolers out there. 

And what country are you from? Any Peripherals needed? Monitor is 1080p @60 Hz or better? 

2 minutes ago, Manderis said:

First of all, don't go that psu. Just don't. 

Second, if you are on a budget don't get an aio. 

Third, try to get dual channel ram

Fourth, get a rx580 or a 1060 because pricing has come down. 

If your budget is around 600 € you can build a decent new pc or used. I would suggest used gpu and new platform like a b450 board plus ryzen 5 or even just 3 and upgrade it down the line. How much hight does your desk offer? There are decent low profile air coolers out there. 

And what country are you from? Any Peripherals needed? Monitor is 1080p @60 Hz or better? 

RX 580 8gb looks pretty good with price for what it offers , and for the time being look as go for option in any scenario. I can get any decent PSU  for that money ofc used ones , it was just plain example . First build consists of mostly used parts ,  second one is pretty much  all new parts . I am from Serbia , and market here fluctuates a lot ...since prices have droped dramaticaly in past month or so, i think its right time to build . I have 2 LG's 25" ultrawide monitors 2560x1080 75hz 5ms  IPS. I have all peripherals mx master, and mad catz strike 7 , genius hf 5000 , and logitech g35. Desk would go from wood to glass about 15-20 cm ..tho yet to be built, at scetching the whole thing phase right now. 

The point about the psu is, that you need maybe a 500 W unit (400 W would work too) and get one with higher quality. Because the last thing you want is that your psu blows up. 

Use the psu Tier list as guidance 

57 minutes ago, Manderis said:

The point about the psu is, that you need maybe a 500 W unit (400 W would work too) and get one with higher quality. Because the last thing you want is that your psu blows up. 

Use the psu Tier list as guidance 

Thanks for the list and help. Awaiting more opinions . :)