Having issues with my dual monitors

Mini Van Dan
Go to solution Solved by Mini Van Dan,
5 hours ago, jake765111 said:

On what res?

Sorry i forgot to post on here to. Problem was fixed something wrong with my "game ready drivers" was messing with everything. After removing them everything has been working fine. I don't know why this would cause everything to stop working and stuff to black screen. But that's the only problem I was able to find.

So recently I started having issues with my dual monitors.
This is my setup
Acer: XFA240 144hz 1ms
Acer: V246HL 60hz (unknown ms)
I recently switched to these cables (https://amzn.to/2B3iyJ6) so that they were long enough to reach as the previous ones were not. However recently everytime I fullscreen a game on the 144hz monitor it black screens. But if I fullscreen on the 1080p monitor it's totally fine. Is this a cable issue and do the cables just not support the monitor? Or is it possible this is a GPU/Monitor issue? Cause when it black screens I still have sound and the moitor still reads it's just i have no video. If someone could help me out with this it would be great. Because then if I go back to one monitor the monitor works just fine and doesn't black screen.

Update: Still black screens on the 144p monitor even when the other monitor is unplugged. Works if I alt-tab out and back in but on initial start up it always black screens.

23 minutes ago, Mini Van Dan said:

So recently I started having issues with my dual monitors.
This is my setup
Acer: XFA240 144hz 1ms
Acer: V246HL 60hz (unknown ms)
I recently switched to these cables (https://amzn.to/2B3iyJ6) so that they were long enough to reach as the previous ones were not. However recently everytime I fullscreen a game on the 144hz monitor it black screens. But if I fullscreen on the 1080p monitor it's totally fine. Is this a cable issue and do the cables just not support the monitor? Or is it possible this is a GPU/Monitor issue? Cause when it black screens I still have sound and the moitor still reads it's just i have no video. If someone could help me out with this it would be great. Because then if I go back to one monitor the monitor works just fine and doesn't black screen.

Update: Still black screens on the 144p monitor even when the other monitor is unplugged. Works if I alt-tab out and back in but on initial start up it always black screens.

I am not sure what the problem is but I think it might be a software issue or an issue with you're game

I could be wrong BTW. It is just an idea.

Did I fix your problem? Please feel free to donate to me at <Link Removed> 

Any donation is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

My pc - PCPartPicker part list 

27 minutes ago, jake765111 said:

I am not sure what the problem is but I think it might be a software issue or an issue with you're game

I could be wrong BTW. It is just an idea.

that'd be great if it's just a software issue. But basically what's going on is since I've switched to those cables. Anytime I full screen on the 144hz it black screens, has audio and video if I go back to the desktop. But anytime a game opens up if it goes full screen it black screens.

15 hours ago, Mini Van Dan said:

that'd be great if it's just a software issue. But basically what's going on is since I've switched to those cables. Anytime I full screen on the 144hz it black screens, has audio and video if I go back to the desktop. But anytime a game opens up if it goes full screen it black screens.

So, You are trying to run 1080p at 144Hz? Also, What happens if you run only 1 monitor. Does it still BS?

3 hours ago, jake765111 said:

So, You are trying to run 1080p at 144Hz? Also, What happens if you run only 1 monitor. Does it still BS?

I'm not running it at 144hz unless the monitor does by default. I've even locked my games at 60hz and it still black screens on startup.

I'm not running it at 144hz unless the monitor does by default. I've even locked my games at 60hz and it still black screens on startup.

On what res?

5 hours ago, jake765111 said:

On what res?

Sorry i forgot to post on here to. Problem was fixed something wrong with my "game ready drivers" was messing with everything. After removing them everything has been working fine. I don't know why this would cause everything to stop working and stuff to black screen. But that's the only problem I was able to find.

18 hours ago, Mini Van Dan said:

Ok!