MY PC WONT TURN ON

i just upgraded my gpu and my psu to a cooler master 550w and my pc won’t turn on. at first I had forgotten the sata cable for my hard drive. then I plugged it in and for a split second without clicking the power button all the LEDs turned on and shut off. then I clicked the power button and it was blank again. please help

mobo: asrock h110m-hds

Your 8-pin CPU header is hanging out of the socket. Just above and to the left of your CPU.

I highly recommend cleaning up your cables a bit. It's tough to diagnose when all I see is unicorn vomit.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Your 8-pin CPU header is hanging out of the socket. Just above and to the left of your CPU.

I highly recommend cleaning up your cables a bit. It's tough to diagnose when all I see is unicorn vomit.

I wish I could set this post as both an agree and 'Funny' at the same time in the reaction.  It's true though..that cable management's ghastly and doesn't lend itself well to troubleshooting via photos.

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I also see an unoccupied GPU plug

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@faizannoor, I really think you should take apart as much of the PC as you have to to re-do your cable management from the beginning. It doesn't need to be perfectly tucked away like a Linus or Jay build, but having your cables all over the place like that leads to mistakes like the CPU header hanging out of the socket and the GPU not being plugged in at all, and it makes diagnosing and correcting those problems a genuinely miserable exercise for you. Your cables are also very close to your open-bladed Intel stock cooler, and could interfere with that as well.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Thanks and I tried but I literally spent 5 hours on a hard wood floor struggling with finding out where my front panel ports go as my manual did not tell me. also I don’t think my case helps considering my psu is mounted at the top and there is very little room to put stuff into the hole to get it into the back or to access the hard drive. had to take it out like 3 times.

2 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

@faizannoor, I really think you should take apart as much of the PC as you have to to re-do your cable management from the beginning. It doesn't need to be perfectly tucked away like a Linus or Jay build, but having your cables all over the place like that leads to mistakes like the CPU header hanging out of the socket and the GPU not being plugged in at all, and it makes diagnosing and correcting those problems a genuinely miserable exercise for you. Your cables are also very close to your open-bladed Intel stock cooler, and could interfere with that as well.

the cpu was a mistake because that was the first thing I plugged in and was being gentle. I deadass didn’t know I was supposed to plus the other one into munch gpu as well tho so that’s just me having no knowledge in building pc’s. read my other reply on why I didn’t fix the cable management 

What case do you use? Spec list helps, we could probably give you pointers on reducing a headache or two 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, faizannoor said:

the cpu was a mistake because that was the first thing I plugged in and was being gentle

Tip: tug gently on the cable. If it pops put, it wasn't in all the way (you can tell because there's a plastic lock to keep it in)

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, faizannoor said:

Thanks and I tried but I literally spent 5 hours on a hard wood floor struggling with finding out where my front panel ports go as my manual did not tell me. also I don’t think my case helps considering my psu is mounted at the top and there is very little room to put stuff into the hole to get it into the back or to access the hard drive. had to take it out like 3 times.

it’s still not working btw, I turned the switch on my psu and my fan led turned on for a split second and then the same thing happened

• Did you check the ram and weather the gpu is fixed properly 
  • Power is coming to the motherboard 

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Tip: tug gently on the cable. If it pops put, it wasn't in all the way (you can tell because there's a plastic lock to keep it in)

okay and it’s still not working btw, I turned the switch on my psu and my fan led turned on for a split second and then the same thing happened

Just now, Dulan Neelaka said:
  • Did you check the ram and weather the gpu is fixed properly 
  • Power is coming to the motherboard 

not sure if power is coming to the motherboard. the ram has been in there the whole time since before I upgraded so there shouldn’t be an issue with that. im posting more pictures after the fixes

1 minute ago, faizannoor said:

okay and it’s still not working btw, I turned the switch on my psu and my fan led turned on for a split second and then the same thing happened

Your motherboard 24 pin connector looks loose as well.

By the way, you're unplugging the power supply from the wall when you make these changes right?

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Your motherboard 24 pin connector looks loose as well.

By the way, you're unplugging the power supply from the wall when you make these changes right?

i am unplugging it from the psu, also I don’t think the 24 pin is loose I pushed it in again in case but it seems fine

1 minute ago, faizannoor said:

i am unplugging it from the psu

Yup looks like 24 pin motherboard power next to the ram is not in all the way

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Yup looks like 24 pin motherboard power next to the ram is not in all the way

im pushing it in super hard 

image.jpg

Just now, faizannoor said:

im pushing it in super hard 

image.jpg

Now it looks in all the way.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Dulan Neelaka said:

Bro plz cable manager ?????

it’s hard with my case because the cables are too thick for all of them to fit through the hole next to the power supply. and then when I make a mistake with my HDD or anything I have to take my whole psu out

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Now it looks in all the way.

thanks it seems to be working now. thank you very much

image.jpg