Automotive radiator in a custom loop?

Looking at the video JayzTwoCents  did with 4 480mm radiators and a box fan, that got me thinking.: is it possible to adapt an automotive radiator to a PC watercooling custom loop? Would this be feasible and what problems would be expected with it?

Best way would to build a manifold for the radiator in and out.

Otherwise you need a string of adapters to get up to the size needed to attach to the radiator.

No reason why it shouldn't but you'll probably want to beef up the pump.  I imagine there would be more opportunities for leaks with the larger change in flow capacity though...larger space and more liquid to move in the automotive radiator but that has to change to standard tubing sizes and blocks inside the computer.  Lots of adapters, potential points of failure, and pressure differences.

Lower pressures if you set it up properly.  Gotta minimize vertical runs to keep the required head pressure low.

Very easy. Even better when I used an fittings, get appropriate barb and tube and there won’t be any leaks. Could even use a larger trans cooler. Don’t cheap out on the pump and it would work like anything else. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Using car radiators is how water cooling got its start

Shipping sucks

You CAN do it, but theres more to it than just pump changes and fittings.

Most automotive radiators, atleast 'good' ones, are Aluminium. Most PC water cooling components are Copper and/or Nickle. You should never mix these metals in a 'normal' loop. So just understand that u should idealy make sure that if the rad is aluminium , then u also use aluminium blocks and fittings.

Theres a reason u dont just run straight water in your car, the usual iron engine block and alumiunium rad would result is heavy corrosion and the liquid would turn brown quickly, and your coolant flow, and cooling efficiency would suffer. Proper car coolant has plenty of inhibitors in it and isnt pure water, which drasticaly lowers corrosion rates. Its also why u have to drain and refill your car coolant often... or at least 'should'.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just use one of these:

https://watercool.de/en/mo-ra3-0

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D,  RAM: 64 GB Gskill Trident Z DDR5 @6200 Cl32, GPU: Asus RTX 4090 Strix OC, Pump: 2 Aquacomputer D5 Next @ 60% (~160 l/h), Radiators: 2 Mo-Ra3 360 and 1 XSPC  RX360V3 with 21 fans @650 RPM.