RTX 2080 + 9700k build, unsure of best cooling

Ensiferius

I have a budget of $2k (USD) with which to build a badass gaming rig. This is my first build, so I found a community build on pcpartpicker that fit my needs and then modified it a bit to fit my preferences (different case, less storage, and added a sound card and Windows). The cooler included in the build is an rgb aio water cooler. My goal is to keep the black and white interior and add blue rgb case fans at a later time, so I would prefer that the cooler and any future case fans I buy be run off the same rgb software, so recommendations for that would be great.

Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/17carlmt/saved/MzYjyc

Any recommendations for any part of the build is appreciated, but my main concern is definitely the capacity of the CPU cooler.

Thanks!

(Also let me know if I could format things better or add any additional information)

Get a high end air cooler rather than that cheap AIO

Change to a different 2080, the blower style cooler will be loud and hot

Get a higher end power supply like a EVGA G2 or RMx

Don't pay for full price windows, get a key from ebay or soemthing

Whats the sound card for?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

That CPU cooler would work, but the graphics card cooler has a lot to be desired. Perhaps consider a Gigabyte Windforce instead of a blower model?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you have two thousand dollars to spend, you can get a power supply with a higher wattage. Go for 850 watts or more so you can overclock your CPU and your GPU with a good margin.

Just now, Slottr said:

Get a high end water cooler rather than that cheap AIO

Change to a different 2080, the blower style cooler will be loud and hot

Get a higher end power supply like a EVGA G2 or RMx

Don't pay for full price windows, get a key from ebay or soemthing

Whats the sound card for?

Those are all things that had crossed my mind while looking through the parts, so thank you for the recommendations. Any specific 2080 I should look into?

The sound card is because quality audio with equalization is a priority of mine and I have headphones worth buying some extra hardware to drive. 

1 minute ago, gporen said:

If you have two thousand dollars to spend, you can get a power supply with a higher wattage. Go for 850 watts or more so you can overclock your CPU and your GPU with a good margin.

Not even necessary. See my sig for reference.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Ensiferius said:

Those are all things that had crossed my mind while looking through the parts, so thank you for the recommendations. Any specific 2080 I should look into?

The sound card is because quality audio with equalization is a priority of mine and I have headphones worth buying some extra hardware to drive. 

EVGA is go to for me, their cs is good and their coolers are quiet

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, gporen said:

That sounds like a good plan. After I'm completely set on the other hardware I'll probably just max out my budget with the power supply (within reason)

Any specific air cooler recommendations/reliable brands would be appreciated as well. I don't really want to fool with water cooling.

7 minutes ago, Ensiferius said:

That sounds like a good plan. After I'm completely set on the other hardware I'll probably just max out my budget with the power supply (within reason)

it would go to waste. see my  signature for reference.

Step down to 650 watts instead of up.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Ensiferius said:

Any specific air cooler recommendations/reliable brands would be appreciated as well. I don't really want to fool with water cooling.

Try the Dark Rock Pro by BeQuiet. It's not exactly compact, but it's silent and puts up a competition against most water coolers.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($409.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($154.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 GAMING SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($152.54 @ Amazon) 
Memory: *Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($706.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($55.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1832.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-25 21:30 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W