Lost GPU on Dell XPS 9570?

So I got an XPS 9570 with a 1050Ti. For some reason, the GPU no longer works. I've tried a DDU, then a full reinstall of windows, and the only record of a discrete GPU is in Task Manager, where there's always 0% usage on the 1050Ti. I thought it was a software issue, but after the reinstall, I'm fearing that it could have somehow become detached from the motherboard. Please help, thanks.

You have to have the Intel GPU drivers installed AFAIK.  Every 1050 Ti laptop I have seen uses Optimus, where the Intel IGP drives the display and the 1050/1050 Ti just draws game content into its framebuffer.

Is it while gaming? 

Because when you are at a desktop watching the task manager then the gpu will be turned off to save power as it is not needed.

But if it was taht it was working before and now suddenly whatever you do it still wont work, (for example, no nvidia control panel) then get a warranty repair.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 hour ago, Daniel Z. said:

the GPU no longer works

how did you know it no longer works?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

5 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

how did you know it no longer works?

Games run slower than before, if I change settings in Nvidia control panel it just gives me an error, and task manager put my 1050Ti at constant 0 percent usage.

6 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Is it while gaming? 

Because when you are at a desktop watching the task manager then the gpu will be turned off to save power as it is not needed.

But if it was taht it was working before and now suddenly whatever you do it still wont work, (for example, no nvidia control panel) then get a warranty repair.

Yes, while gaming. And even on desktop, the GPU was always used slightly.

I have geek squad insurance but it’s likely that they’ll just replace it with a new one.

6 hours ago, bindydad123 said:

warranty? 

Yes, I’ll try to get that.

6 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

You have to have the Intel GPU drivers installed AFAIK.  Every 1050 Ti laptop I have seen uses Optimus, where the Intel IGP drives the display and the 1050/1050 Ti just draws game content into its framebuffer.

Yeah, have Intel GPU drivers.

6 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

maybe you disabled it in bios? run dell built in diagnostics

I have no clue how I could do that. AFAIK, there aren’t any settings for that in BIOS.

2 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

Games run slower than before, if I change settings in Nvidia control panel it just gives me an error, and task manager put my 1050Ti at constant 0 percent usage.

Yes, while gaming. And even on desktop, the GPU was always used slightly.

I have geek squad insurance but it’s likely that they’ll just replace it with a new one.

Yes, I’ll try to get that.

Yeah, have Intel GPU drivers.

I have no clue how I could do that. AFAIK, there aren’t any settings for that in BIOS.

Are you under return policy? If not and the laptop is under manafacturer warranty geek squad will send it in and you will be without a system for as long as it takes. Horrible horrible aftermarket warranty. In order to get a replacement system faster I had to sign away the rest of my 3 year warranty less than 6 months in.

RMA it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

10 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

RMA it

23 hours ago, markr54632 said:

Are you under return policy? If not and the laptop is under manafacturer warranty geek squad will send it in and you will be without a system for as long as it takes. Horrible horrible aftermarket warranty. In order to get a replacement system faster I had to sign away the rest of my 3 year warranty less than 6 months in.

I will do that. I have Geek Squad warranty, should I do that first?

If you are out of return policy might as well. Still usually takes several weeks to get a working system.