getting more money for PC

mxk

I'm trying to scrape together the last ~$360 USD for my PC, and I'm kind of at a loss for ideas besides some little things. Yard work isn't really an option since I live in the pacific northwest of the USA, so it's bleak and gray out all the time with nothing growing very fast. I'm 16 in 3 months, but I'd like to have my PC before then. I was thinking I could sell some of my old toys and stuff that I know for a fact I won't be nostalgic about when I'm older, but I can't think of anything else besides that.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

You likely won't get much from flipping toys haha. How much do you have saved up for your PC so far?

My suggestion is taking that, investing it into something you know will sell, flip it, make more money, etc. Take a look at the classifieds in your area, usually there are deals to be had if you look hard enough. You could also consider getting some parts used, and saving money that way. Have you thought about trimming down your build to fit your budget a little better?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

25 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You likely won't get much from flipping toys haha. How much do you have saved up for your PC so far?

My suggestion is taking that, investing it into something you know will sell, flip it, make more money, etc. Take a look at the classifieds in your area, usually there are deals to be had if you look hard enough. You could also consider getting some parts used, and saving money that way. Have you thought about trimming down your build to fit your budget a little better?

I have like $100 right now. I'd probably flip shoes, to be honest. The Intel employee just emailed me 10 minutes ago saying that they still don't have the 9700k in stock (they can't even stock the employee shop lol), so I have a lot of time to wait and save it. I'm going to look into the classifieds and such.

I'm probably too deep in to change my build plans since I already have a lot of the parts.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

9 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I have like $100 right now. I'd probably flip shoes, to be honest. The Intel employee just emailed me 10 minutes ago saying that they still don't have the 9700k in stock (they can't even stock the employee shop lol), so I have a lot of time to wait and save it. I'm going to look into the classifieds and such.

I'm probably too deep in to change my build plans since I already have a lot of the parts.

Your PC is only going to cost you $460? ?

Just get a used processor. They're no different.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Your PC is only going to cost you $460? ?

Just get a used processor. They're no different.

When did I say it was going to cost $460? I'm confused. I guess I can look into used but I don't feel super comfortable with that.

9700k: ~$200 usd

meshify white: ~$90-$100 usd

fans: ~$30 usd

PSU: ~$60-$80

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

35 minutes ago, mxk. said:

When did I say it was going to cost $460? I'm confused. I guess I can look into used but I don't feel super comfortable with that.

9700k: ~$200 usd

meshify white: ~$90-$100 usd

fans: ~$30 usd

PSU: ~$60-$80

Why? Used CPUs carry the same warranty as new ones. Since it's still a new to market chip, you basically have the same warranty give or take a few months as a used one.

Ah, I thought you had the money for the rest of the system and hadn't purchased anything yet.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

You likely won't get much from flipping toys haha.

Legos, Nerd guns, cards & Dolls can  fetch high prices 

Tell you what VCR prices are going up I've heard (No kidding), so go to a junk yard and find some to sell. Maybe @handymanshandle can confirm? 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Legos, Nerd guns, cards & Dolls can  fetch high prices 

exactly. I have a lot of nerf guns I don't care about anymore (I'm keeping some for when my friends and I are bored). I have some legos I may be willing to let go but it's mainly the nerf guns, I have a shitload.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Why? Used CPUs carry the same warranty as new ones. Since it's still a new to market chip, you basically have the same warranty give or take a few months as a used one.

Ah, I thought you had the money for the rest of the system and hadn't purchased anything yet.

I doubt I'll find a 9700k or 8700k used for $190 (thats the price of the 9700k I'm getting, new). I haven't looked, I'll admit, but discounts like the one I'm getting I feel is hard to beat.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

16 minutes ago, mxk. said:

exactly. I have a lot of nerf guns I don't care about anymore (I'm keeping some for when my friends and I are bored). I have some legos I may be willing to let go but it's mainly the nerf guns, I have a shitload.

I sold all mine for 200~ or so. 

I had 7~12. 

Just now, fpo said:

I sold all mine for 200~ or so. 

I had 7~12. 

Your nerf guns? Damn! I have like 5 nerf gun's I'll get rid of, I'll probably keep like 3 of the little pistols for fun, because I don't want to end up like my parents saying "I really wish I kept (insert toy from youth here), you'd love it!"

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

12 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Your nerf guns?

I had the original raider, longstrike, recon CS-6, Vulkan EBF-25, the first Velcro nerf guns, 2 versions of the electric target, the off brand double barrel shell ejecting one, nite finder, deploy, and ... idk I think 1 or 2 more. 

Some toy museum bought one of the “lots.” 

Edit:

lego minifigures are worth tons. Especially older ones. Lots of bricks can also be worth a bit but complete older sets fetch prices. 

1 minute ago, fpo said:

I had the original raider, longstrike, recon CS-6, Vulkan EBF-25, the first Velcro nerf guns, 2 versions of the electric target, the off brand double barrel shell ejecting one, nite finder, deploy, and ... idk I think 1 or 2 more. 

Some toy museum bought one of the “lots.” 

oooo that makes sense. I have some originals, too. I have the air pumped one that shoots like 15 darts out after you fully fill the tank.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra