Razer 50% deal, should I get them?

Koori

With the coming 50% deal, I am deciding whether to get a pair of headphones to share with my brother.

Razer Tiamat 2.2 - Is this comfortable? Sound quality does not really matter as much as the comfort I should get.

Anyone can rate it?

Comfortability - ?/10
Sound quality - ?/10

It's a 50% deal so I guess it should be of a good deal for now.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

razer tends to put an very heavy bass in their audio equipment, are you sure you want that?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

OMG thank you so much for bringing attention to this!!! As for your question, I don't think you can go wrong at such steep discounts. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

wheres this %50 deal?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Deal is expired...

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Razer Tiamat 2.2 and 7.2 experienced driver issues especially with it's subwoofer driver. It releases bad distorted bass sounds after 2 months. Not a good buy

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

For those who wants to buy some other stuff :)

"To the quick go the spoils - the celebratory promo's now live.
http://rzr.to/rCYLK
Razer Nabu winning the Best of CES – People’s Voice marks the start of something new and awesome for all of us. Thank you for standing by us and bringing home the win. This wouldn’t be possible without you. 

To celebrate our win with the community, all Razer gaming peripherals are on 50% off and Razer Blade/Blade Pro systems at 10% off on the RazerStore for 24 hours starting Jan 15, 8:00am PST to Jan 16, 7:59am PST. This offer is open to all fans on Razer / Team Razer / Min-Liang Tan.

Claim your code here (will only work for the duration of sale):http://rzr.to/rCYLK

Terms and Conditions here: http://rzr.to/QFsbM

*CODES WILL ONLY WORK BETWEEN JAN 15, 8:00AM PST TO JAN 16, 7:59AM PST
**Timezone Reference (UTC -8) : http://everytimezone.com/

"

Hmm... I guess I would pass this time! Thanks guys!

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

I've always heard that any kind of surround sound in headphones is not too good due to the simple distance between the drivers and your ears, it makes music sound weird and there's more parts for it to go wrong in. I wouldn't recommend them at full price, but I guess you're not that bad off with the 50% off deal.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I dont have facebook, can anyone post up the promo code?

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

I dont have facebook, can anyone post up the promo code?

Promo codes are randomly generated for every account I believe. It's not a single code.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

With the coming 50% deal, I am deciding whether to get a pair of headphones to share with my brother.

With Razer headsets you sacrifice some audio quality for a better gaming experience. Audiophiles would disagree with me, but a Razer 7.1 headset will be the best option for fps games as you can hear opponents more easily. The sound quality is far from bad aswell like some people say. Personally I have big speakers for music as I prefer it outloud and I use my kraken 7.1 for gaming, especially counter-strike.

The microphone on my Kraken 7.1 is digital and the noise cancelling software is really good actually. I wouldn't recommend it for youtube commentary but it will definitely do the job and is clear and precise. The mute button is also perfect. (Idk about other headsets from Razer but they should be fine).

Basically don't listen to the extreme audiophiles and get a headset for gaming and speakers for music if you want a good combination.

Finally, for someone who is into drum and bass and 90s hip - hop I love my kraken 7.1 with the bass boost for night time gaming when I can't use my main speakers. It also allows for the option of running media playing applications in 2.1 so the driver thing you mentioned shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

With Razer headsets you sacrifice some audio quality for a better gaming experience. Audiophiles would disagree with me, but a Razer 7.1 headset will be the best option for fps games as you can hear opponents more easily. The sound quality is far from bad aswell like some people say. Personally I have big speakers for music as I prefer it outloud and I use my kraken 7.1 for gaming, especially counter-strike.

The microphone on my Kraken 7.1 is digital and the noise cancelling software is really good actually. I wouldn't recommend it for youtube commentary but it will definitely do the job and is clear and precise. The mute button is also perfect. (Idk about other headsets from Razer but they should be fine).

Basically don't listen to the extreme audiophiles and get a headset for gaming and speakers for music if you want a good combination.

Finally, for someone who is into drum and bass and 90s hip - hop I love my kraken 7.1 with the bass boost for night time gaming when I can't use my main speakers. It also allows for the option of running media playing applications in 2.1 so the driver thing you mentioned shouldn't be too much of a problem.

While having separate equipment for gaming and music is fine, it could cost more than what someone is willing to spend. With headphones from a audio brand and separate mic, you can use it for everything.

dont bother they ran out of stock ages ago