How can I get a replacement for this USB pen holder?

Xanthe_2871

Hi. I lost this little USB holder thing that goes in my laptop to carry the optional pen around. I can find bundles with the pen and the holder, but I can't find just the holder. I'm not even sure what to call it. This is what it looks like:

61zCjIA75OL._SL1500_.jpg

This is the bundle. It is the same pen and parts that came with my laptop, but if someone can find me the same type of part by a different brand I don't really care, as long as it fits.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Capacity-Touchscreen-Laptops-GX80K32882/dp/B01AZC3HF2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1548222312&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+pen+holder+for+laptop

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Have you considered maybe dropping an email or other message to the folks at Lenovo?  Their website offers support forums and other places of contact so that you may get some help looking for a specific part if you deal directly with them.  Good Luck.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:04 PM, kb5zue said:

Have you considered maybe dropping an email or other message to the folks at Lenovo?  Their website offers support forums and other places of contact so that you may get some help looking for a specific part if you deal directly with them.  Good Luck.

Thank you! I reached out and they sent me this:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/pens-and-supplies/pen-holders/TAB-ACC-BO-ThinkPad-USB-Pen-Holder/p/4X80J67430

For $3/pc that's pretty reasonable. I don't need 5, but whatever. Not that big a deal.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

On 1/22/2019 at 10:30 PM, it_dont_work said:

Thanks! I don't know if 3D printed plastic would be soft enough, I'd fear it snapping in half over time. I can use the 3D printer at my college for free, if I bring plastic, but I think it only does ABS. I've been told before the school bans PLA because people were using it to make, inappropriate things. Whatever that means.