Kim Dotcom just formed his own New Zealand political party - Megaparty

TopWargamer

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131298-Kim-Dotcom-Forms-Megaparty-To-Activate-NZs-Internet-Electorate

"Where the government is supposed to serve us the people, we are paying with our taxes that they do a good job for us," says Kim Dotcom. "But look what they do, they undermine our rights, they destroy our freedoms, they censor our internet, so we are the ones who have to bring that change." So the beleaguered internet entrepreneur, who has yet to have his extradition hearing, has formed a political party, Megaparty, which will contest the next New Zealand general election. An app will launch January 20th, and when it does Megaparty will start signing up members.

First bit of Kim Dotcom news that has surfaced in a while, and he's still shacking things up. Gotta love it. His new political party is basically anti-Internet censorship, pro privacy, for preserving freedoms, etc. etc. I applaud the man for taking a huge leap in the fight against Internet censorship and whatnot, and there's nobody more fitting to do this than Kim Dotcom.

There will be an app coming out on January 20th for registration to the new party, so if you're a New Zealand citizen, you may want to think about joining the new Megaparty, or not. Whatever floats your boat.

COMIC SANS

I like the pirate party better.

Signatures are stupid.

I like the pirate party better.

Mega isn't trying to be a Pirate Bay. He is more so standing for privacy and things of those sorts, from what I understand.

Quote me to get a reply!

As a Kiwi, I am all for this. Politicians here suck, Dotcom reign superior! I will vote for him.

Current rig: i5 4670K | GTX 670 | Asus Z87I-Pro | Silverstone Strider Plus 600W | Custom mITX case | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Samsung 840 120GB | G430 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro - MX Red | LG 21.5"

"You've got your little website back Kimmy; now play nice". - NZ government

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

Ill download the app and see if I can get in. ><

It would be a nice change of job I think.

Yet another reason to move to New Zealand. (LotR is the main reason why I would want to move there:D)

He gets quite a lot of media coverage here...I quite like him. 

Surely you need to have been born in nz? Is he going for president or is he just the party head?

Uh yeah he sounds exactly like Clive Palmer who's here in Australia. Kim won't get far.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Its not called "Mega Party" its called "INTERNET PARTY". He isn't standing himself, he is putting forward candidates for one Auckland electorate.

Im Kiwi, and i approve of this! haha. Long live Kim dotcom!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Surely you need to have been born in nz? Is he going for president or is he just the party head?

Kim Dotcom himself isn't allowed to run for President.

COMIC SANS